Wierd internet speeds.

well if i were to be able to video the whole speed test i would show you because it goes to the very top at the end with a sudden jump from the 99% to 100% haha before that its at 3k =( and pings are horrible

wierd, second speed test starts for mine it jumps to 4500 then makes its way to 4900 quite fast.

You should check your frequency and signal by calling them .. if its not anywhere near what its supposed to be I believe they'll come out and try adjusting it.. thats what they did for mine when setting it up .. the worker said the signel strength isn't good, and he went back up and un did the cable and re did it some where else on the pole..

o well what they did with mine i called them and they did allt eh tests and said im getting top singnal but it was running slow and now there sending someoneover

:Jealous: Must be nice guys....... 56k Death for me.......
I know what it feels like.

You can't be serious, umm but ive always wondered when is sayy netzero or any of the 56k only providers going to go out of bussiness? I don't know of a single person that has 56k IRL.
There are still more people using dial-up than you'd think.

Price isn't the issue guys its no options. I'm in a remote area outside of the of the bigger towns. So my only option is Satellite based internet and that just blows. No wireless broadband either checked that with Verizon/Sprint/Cell one. I pretty well screwed for now.

Its the only thing I don't like about were i'm at right now.
Same exact situation here. I thought being in North America, I'd actually have broadband but nope, nothing reaches my street. Every other street in the town is covered but I live a little out of it and have access to absolutely nothing. No cable TV either. Satellite TV is okay but satellite internet is like $200+ per month for 2mbps ($50-$60 just for 512kbps) and the only company I know of has a "fair usage" limit of like 27MB per... I can't remember if it's hour or day.

I know what it feels like.

There are still more people using dial-up than you'd think.

Same exact situation here. I thought being in North America, I'd actually have broadband but nope, nothing reaches my street. Every other street in the town is covered but I live a little out of it and have access to absolutely nothing. No cable TV either. Satellite TV is okay but satellite internet is like $200+ per month for 2mbps ($50-$60 just for 512kbps) and the only company I know of has a "fair usage" limit of like 27MB per... I can't remember if it's hour or day.

Aren't there any DSL Companies that offer in your area.. .If you can connect to dial up threr should be some access to dsl lol..

mannn thats horrible.. I'd so find a way around this... like umm secretly SOME how by the hugest sattelite for a wireless card you can find... bigger then a sattelite dish and jack someones internet OR make a deal with someone that has a router lol

mannn thats horrible.. I'd so find a way around this... like umm secretly SOME how by the hugest sattelite for a wireless card you can find... bigger then a sattelite dish and jack someones internet OR make a deal with someone that has a router lol
Well... considering the nearest wireless connection is probably a few miles away, that wouldn't be possible under normal circumstances. If you're willing to secretly build me a wireless card bigger than a satellite dish, feel free to do so and mail it to me ASAP.

Well... considering the nearest wireless connection is probably a few miles away, that wouldn't be possible under normal circumstances. If you're willing to secretly build me a wireless card bigger than a satellite dish, feel free to do so and mail it to me ASAP.

lawl I'll keep you updated ... :p

but yeah that really sucks :( . I can't imagine playing any online game with that speed.

lawl I'll keep you updated ... :p

but yeah that really sucks :( . I can't imagine playing any online game with that speed.
I played World of Warcraft, Maplestory and Guild Wars lag-free for a few months. Runescape worked fine, too. Obviously first person shooters and other more bandwidth-intensive games would probably not function as well without lag - I haven't tried them though.

Back
Top Bottom