Wieght lifting

superman22x

Golden Master
So one of my friends worked out a decent bit over the summer, gained about 30 pounds from like 110 before to 140ish now. All in muscle. I didnt work out with him much over the summer, but now I go with him sometimes, and I can't do as much as him, but I'm doing something, lol.
But my question is this, over the summer, when he first started, he took Creatine, do you consider this cheating? Now he just takes protein I think, and sometimes Nitro-tech. I want to get a little stronger/ripped, but I dont want to do something that others would look down on, it defeats the purpose then... So what supplaments are good to take, and which are bad? I dont know much about it all...

I worked out somewhat all summer I gained only 10 pounds of muscle. I am staring to see some muscles growing.

I use a bit of both.
Ok, that's what I thought myself, but wasnt sure if that was the right thing to do. I havent taken any of the stuff my friend took. Although, taking insulin helps a little I heard... I am diabetic, but since it is a protein I have heard it helps a little bit. Apparently, Barry Bonds took it...

If you're going to be serious about lifting, get some whey protein. It's like $40 for a tub, but a tub will last you a longggg time. All it is is concentrated protein, because if you actually want to gain some real muscle, the protein in your diet isn't going to be enough. Nothing bad about it.

Don't use creatine though. It's pretty bad for you. Adds a lot of water weight, and when you stop using it your muscles kinda...deflate I guess.

what freestyler said is exactly on point, creatine does that to you and you need to go out and buy 100% whey protein BUT i warn u it doesn't taste very good at all.... i don't even know how much muscle ive packed onto myself because i lost a lot of weight but im bench pressing 300 pounds at 190 =\ i never used any supplements to help me get to where i am now but i am starting to because they are a VERY smart choice... only protein though...

i dont use any of those high protein things, unless my parents makes me eat something that contains it like eggs, bananas, fish?
anyways, i just work out every other day, do my maxes, and do a percentage of it for couple of weeks, like 70% of my max for 2 weeks then try 80% for the next 2. When 90% starts to be easy, i redo my max and do the same thing. The higher the percentage, the less the Reps till i think i can do more.
The day i work out is the days where i would get more sleep (8 hours) and eat more meat and vegetables. It helps if you got a spotter.
Might take a little longer this way, but i think its better than messing your body with more nutrients than you actually need. (not sure if its a fact or myth....)

Back
Top Bottom