Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #81
Daemon Poster
 
CrackerJacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 987
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

It;s funny how you think I hate Muslims.. And why I don't like Obama loool
Because thats just like totally reason why I believe in republican ways...
__________________

__________________
USAF KC-135R Crew Chief
i7 2770 @ 3.4ghz, Geforce GTX 560 ti, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD 120gb, cup holder
I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #82
Fully Optimized
 
Computer Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,841
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

I honestly don't think that you hate Muslims.

I was just rofl-ing about the deception part.
__________________

__________________
A+, Network+
Official "Birthday Man" of CF.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #83
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcracker View Post
It;s funny how you think I hate Muslims.. And why I don't like Obama loool
Because thats just like totally reason why I believe in republican ways...
It's not that you hate Muslims, it's more like you can't seem to grasp the fact that despite someone being brought up in a certain religion, it is possible for them to believe in an other.

If you're going to bash Obama on that, then you really have better things to do than vote.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #84
Daemon Poster
 
CrackerJacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 987
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Well I'm sorry for posting that. please forgive me then. I know that was stupid for me to post that and I really didn't think everyone was going to take that so seriously.
Like I said I'm pretty bias about Mccain since I've also been on the republican side.
__________________
USAF KC-135R Crew Chief
i7 2770 @ 3.4ghz, Geforce GTX 560 ti, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD 120gb, cup holder
I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #85
BSOD
 
BiWsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 269
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Frankly speaking, I think that McCain is intellectually gifted person, he knows what he is saying and I hope he will prove it.
BiWsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #86
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 272
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Obama is using 6 grade politics.

"Oh yes, I'll change america, and steer us clear."

What I mean to say, if you remember back in middle school, when you would elect a school president, they would say something like "I will make sure we get a recess back, limit homework, and make gym class longer." or something like just to get voted, and it happened all the time.

Just because Obama is talking the good talk, do you actually think he is going to get us out of Iraq? Do you really think that he is going to steer the ecomony clear?

He has been a senator for 2 years, and how has he changed Illinois? oh..not at all?

Also, as far as the Dems go, they have a lower approval raiting, than the Republicans ever did, because they have done OH SO MUCH in the senate..

I'm voting for Mccain.

Obama has no experience, and will not change America, taxes will increase, and he will go "talk" to the terrorist to make a "treaty" with them.

That and Obama Hates babies. The Born Alive Child Protection Act: Obama voted against it. http://www.citizenlink.org/CLtopstories/A000007034.cfm

Also, Biden hates the internet. He wants to spend over a billion dollars, watching P2P sites, and other online watching stuff. It was on G4 so excuse the lack of an artical..

Do you really want the Biden, to use that money to watch the internet? In this finicial crisis, or is the more important stuff to do?
__________________
Eagles may soar, but Weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Words of Wisdom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
You really have no idea what you're talking about, don't you?
dorfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #87
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiWsong View Post
Frankly speaking, I think that McCain is intellectually gifted person, he knows what he is saying and I hope he will prove it.
and obamma isnt intellectually gifted ?, in fact in terms of intelect i think obamma is the more intellectual one out of both of them
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #88
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

I think this is probably the only election where I can honestly say that I wish Ralph Nader would win the election. Green Party FTW!
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #89
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfman View Post
Obama has no experience
I lol'ed hard at this one. There are only 41 people who can say the have the experience to be President. I took the liberty to exclude Nixon and Bush 2 . But, seriously...experience is an irrelevant fact. Nobody is going to have the experience to be a President unless they have been a President. I also think Obama has far better judgment; he has greater intellect than McCain. Considering that McCain went for the military while Obama battled to Columbia and Harvard tells you much about their ambitions. Obama tax cuts are actually realistic. They're something you will be able to do, unlike McCain's. McCain is going to give so much tax cuts that the country won't be able to afford to pay for the infrastructure. Additionally, the war in Iraq: McCain wants to win it. I got news for him though, Iraq has no nuclear power and it was a mistake to go in. The longer the US stays the bigger the shit is going to get. The situation in Iraq is one that cannot be won. The country does not have the infrastructure to support itself, therefore American troops can never leave it if the US wants to win the war. As soon as they leave others will come in. The best answer to this problem is for the UN to post troops up there. I think the responsibility falls to the rest of the world. The war in terrorism needs to be focused on Afghanistan and Pakistan. I agree with Obama in which you need to meet without pre-conditions. This will show your "enemies" that you're willing to put aside some differences to get things done. Also Obama has said that if Pakistan refuses to cooperate after a given number of attempts, he will ignore their warning and attack them. I completely agree with this view. I mean, honestly...if Pakistan is half of the heart of the problem, then you need to get to it. If you've tried everything and you're left with no choice it's not your fault. I like to consider myself liberal, but I will always vote, figuratively, for the one who is more pragmatic.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 AM   #90
Daemon Poster
 
Ahyoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,373
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I lol'ed hard at this one. There are only 41 people who can say the have the experience to be President. I took the liberty to exclude Nixon and Bush 2 . But, seriously...experience is an irrelevant fact. Nobody is going to have the experience to be a President unless they have been a President. I also think Obama has far better judgment; he has greater intellect than McCain. Considering that McCain went for the military while Obama battled to Columbia and Harvard tells you much about their ambitions. Obama tax cuts are actually realistic. They're something you will be able to do, unlike McCain's. McCain is going to give so much tax cuts that the country won't be able to afford to pay for the infrastructure. Additionally, the war in Iraq: McCain wants to win it. I got news for him though, Iraq has no nuclear power and it was a mistake to go in. The longer the US stays the bigger the shit is going to get. The situation in Iraq is one that cannot be won. The country does not have the infrastructure to support itself, therefore American troops can never leave it if the US wants to win the war. As soon as they leave others will come in. The best answer to this problem is for the UN to post troops up there. I think the responsibility falls to the rest of the world. The war in terrorism needs to be focused on Afghanistan and Pakistan. I agree with Obama in which you need to meet without pre-conditions. This will show your "enemies" that you're willing to put aside some differences to get things done. Also Obama has said that if Pakistan refuses to cooperate after a given number of attempts, he will ignore their warning and attack them. I completely agree with this view. I mean, honestly...if Pakistan is half of the heart of the problem, then you need to get to it. If you've tried everything and you're left with no choice it's not your fault. I like to consider myself liberal, but I will always vote, figuratively, for the one who is more pragmatic.
- Experience IS important. By your logic (with experience being an 'irrelevant fact') one might say that I could be just as qualified to be president as anyone else...yeah, I'm sure if I ran and argued that some Alabama hayseed like myself who doesn't have a lick of experience in politics other than being a poll worker doesn't need any other experience to run a country because no one else who held the office had experience as president. I'm would get alot of votes

I can't understand why people try and show Obama as having so much experience when in reality he has hardly any in the way of serious politics. Wow, you led the greatest voter registration..that's really an honorable thing, but what does that have to do with becomming president? not much. To me, it's like if I was chilling with Michael Phelps and I claimed that I was also as expert in swimming because I swam at a beach one summer, it's just not the same.

- And if anything (to me anyway), McCain's service is a damn sight more of an honorable 'ambition' than Obama's, jeez seems to me that loving one's country enough to put aside your own life/career to serve is a little more of a sacrifice than going to an Ivy Leauge school.

- As to Obama's tax plan, to me when you excessivly tax the rich...it trickels down, because they have money for a reason...they're smart with it, otherwise they wouldn't have it. They are the ones who create large amounts of jobs and when they can't make as much money they will take it to a place they can.

To me, Obama is an amazing show person. He's very charasmatic and knows the things to say and how to say them, but IMO he just says the things people really want to hear. All the problems he seems to have a magical solution for are things that will take time and the results will not be immediate (which, in this day and age of our fast paced lives of instant gratifacation, if a problem isn't solved in days or weeks the solution isn't working) and at the end of the day it just seems like he lacks substance and the right answers to our problems.

Just my opinion though
__________________

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0