Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #51
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappybob View Post
This thread scares me.

Name one thing that Obama has ever done, besides getting elected.

If elected, he would be the least qualified person to become president of the U.S.

Obabma is a full blown socialist and dosen't even really try to hide it, and its a sad day in America when it appears that the majority of the people don't even understand why thats bad.
That's like Palin. She's even less qualified than Obama and if McCain wins, she'll be runner up to the Presidency. Now that's even scarier than Obama winning the election.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #52
Fully Optimized
 
drumthrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,606
Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
That's like Palin. She's even less qualified than Obama and if McCain wins, she'll be runner up to the Presidency. Now that's even scarier than Obama winning the election.
Oh god...Palin is more qualified than Obama! She's the governor of a STATE. Sure it's only Alaska, but how high as Obama gotten? Palin is well more experienced.
__________________

__________________
Gateway GT4016 Desktop | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.2GHz | RAM: 2GB (4x512MB) | HDD: 1x200GB, 1x120GB | Video: ATI HD Radeon 4850 512MB | OS: Vista Home Premium x86 SP1, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6
drumthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #53
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappybob View Post
This thread scares me.

Name one thing that Obama has ever done, besides getting elected.

If elected, he would be the least qualified person to become president of the U.S.

Obabma is a full blown socialist and dosen't even really try to hide it, and its a sad day in America when it appears that the majority of the people don't even understand why thats bad.
do you not agree with socialism then because i for one do i think that some socialist theories and ideals are good for instance i think it is wrong that there are a small percentage of rich people who hold most of the wealth in society and something needs to be done about this i think the conservative capitalist systems puts big barriers in front of people for instance whose parents havent attended university meaning its harder for them to make the leap and so so because the capitalist system i feel promotes the idea of your parents are poor so you will be poor and there is not an easy way to escape this


So being the first african american to be nominated by a major party as presidential candidate , and being a member of the harvard law review but the going on to be the first black president of that same law review dosent speak as "something obamma has done" ,
I also believe he has given up so much to run for president too actually try and change the lives of people he dosent really know properly . A man of his intelligence could honestly be working in a large multi national law firm right now raking in large amounts of money however instead he has given up that position to try and make a difference whereas john mcain has not given up any prospective careers he has already had his career in the navy
i dont think he would somehow become the least qualified person to become president but then again it depends how you measure qualification because attending
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #54
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumthrasher View Post
Oh god...Palin is more qualified than Obama! She's the governor of a STATE. Sure it's only Alaska, but how high as Obama gotten? Palin is well more experienced.
For less than two years and from 1996 to 2002 she was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.

It isn't even the experience that's the most horrifying thing about her. It's just what we know about her now. It's clear from the debates that she has a clear lack of understanding in national and foreign issues, all she does is like to repeat the word "Maverick" and accuse Obama of consorting with terrorists when in the same NY Times article it even says, "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers.”

Don't get me wrong, I do have doubts about Obama. However, if I had to choose between Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin on election day, my vote is clear. Palin should not be anywhere near the White House.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #55
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumthrasher View Post
Oh god...Palin is more qualified than Obama! She's the governor of a STATE. Sure it's only Alaska, but how high as Obama gotten? Palin is well more experienced.
Did you see her interview on The View? What a joke.
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #56
Daemon Poster
 
Illmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to Illmatic
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Sarah Palin can't even name a supreme court case besides Roe vs. Wade.


She also can't name any newspapers that she reads:


She also supported and executed the construction of a 400 million dollar bridge for a town with a population of 7,500. The McCain campaign then posted ads claiming she was against the bridge (which is incorrect).
source:
source 2

The McCain is so scared of her negative impact on their polls that they have only allowed three one-on-one interviews.
source

Even conservatives have admitted that she isn't ready for the job:
“I think she has pretty thoroughly — and probably irretrievably — proven that she is not up to the job of being president of the United States,” David Frum, a former speechwriter for President Bush who is now a conservative columnist
source

More:
Kathleen Parker, a syndicated conservative commentator, said the interviews showed Palin is "clearly out of her league" and called on her to step aside.

"I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly," Parker, an early supporter of the governor, wrote in a post-Couric interview column. "I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted."

source


Theres more, I'm sure of it. Traces of idiocy will show up every time she speaks. Sarah Palin is the worst vice president candidate that America has ever had. Even conservatives agree.

Edit: I'd like to propose a new guideline for all political discussion: Post sources for every claim made. Please. And real sources. The National Enquirer is not a real source.
__________________
My word is bond and bond is life and I will give my life before my word shall fail.
Illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #57
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

As far as I can see, both Obama and Palin are inexperienced. No matter who we elect, we're getting an inexperienced person in there somewhere, and no matter who is elected the country will get screwed over again because we all know that presidents never keep the promises they make in campaigns.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #58
Daemon Poster
 
Illmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 941
Send a message via AIM to Illmatic
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
As far as I can see, both Obama and Palin are inexperienced. No matter who we elect, we're getting an inexperienced person in there somewhere, and no matter who is elected the country will get screwed over again because we all know that presidents never keep the promises they make in campaigns.
Please say why you think Obama is inexperienced. Your argument is invalid without sources.

Abraham Lincoln served only two years in the U.S. House (not even senate), and he turned out as a pretty good president.
Bush was only Governor of Texas for 6 years before he was elected.

Obama was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review, and graduated Harvard with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude (with honors). He also has a degree from Columbia in Political Science with emphasis on international relations. Obama served eight years on the Illinois State senate and four years on the U.S. Senate. Obama serves on three of the four Senate Committees dealing with foreign policy issues including the Foreign Relations; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs committees and is the Chair of the Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Relations which is responsible for U.S. relations with European countries, the European Union, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
From 1998 to 2004, Obama introduced, yes, 800 bills to the Illinois senate.(source)
In his first two years as a U.S. Senator, Obama sponsored over 150 bills(source).

I'd also like to point out that in 2003 Obama supported preditory mortgage lending legislation aimed at averting home foreclosures. I wonder if that would ever affect the economy.

Furthermore, McCain has missed 64.1% of his senate votes in the 110th congress (source), which is less votes than Tim Johnson, a senator who had a brain hemhorrage and spent several months in the hospital.

Obama obviously hasn't been in politics as long as McCain, I'm not disputing that fact. But to say that he isn't experienced, especially without anything to back you up, is simply wrong. The man has done a lot.
__________________
My word is bond and bond is life and I will give my life before my word shall fail.
Illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #59
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

I'm not going to read what I've missed because I don't have the time right now. I apologize if this point has already been made but...McCain says he'll increase tax cuts and double the tax refund (I forget the exact term) at the end of the year. That's all fine and all, but with the war, imports, and economic crisis, how will the government make money? I think Obama's tax plans are far more realistic, and after today's debate, there's no chance I'd vote (if I could) for McCain. I was kind of seeing how he could be good, but again, after today, no way.

edit: With a little glance, I see that the discussion is about experience. It may be true that Obama has not been in politics quite the same time as McCain, but Obama has GOOD judgment. What's experience good for if you can't plan good actions? Experience is a means of carrying out actions in the best possible manner. I would rather have good judgment over experience. Plus, there's no way you can have the experience of a President without being one. I think if Obama is elected there is the chance that it will be rough, but I think that will only be for the very beginning, at most one year. After that, Presidential experience starts to kick in and he'll smooth out the edges.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #60
In Runtime
 
crappybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 164
Default Re: Why would you vote for mccain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
whats wrong with being a socialist?
Human nature prevents socialism from working in the long run. People should be rewarded for their work. The U.S. has been sliding toward socialism for about 70 years but now the democratic party has completley removed all doubt and the U.S. citizens are so ignorant on the matter that they republican party is forced to take up some of these socialist programs just to have any chance of getting elected.

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
George Washington


"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship."

Alexander Fraser Tyler, "The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic"


Here are a few paragraphs from a paper on the subject that can be found here.

http://www.ashbrook.org/publicat/onp.../thompson.html


Under socialism a ruling class of intellectuals, bureaucrats and social planners decide what people want or what is good for society and then use the coercive power of the State to regulate, tax, and redistribute the wealth of those who work for a living. In other words, socialism is a form of legalized theft.

The morality of socialism can be summed-up in two words: envy and self-sacrifice. Envy is the desire to not only possess another’s wealth but also the desire to see another’s wealth lowered to the level of one’s own.

Despite the intellectuals’ psychotic hatred of capitalism, it is the only moral and just social system.

Capitalism is the only moral system because it requires human beings to deal with one another as traders--that is, as free moral agents trading and selling goods and services on the basis of mutual consent.

Capitalism is the only just system because the sole criterion that determines the value of thing exchanged is the free, voluntary, universal judgement of the consumer. Coercion and fraud are anathema to the free-market system.


PS. I am still waiting for anyone to give me an example of "one" great thing that Obama has done besides get elected. Being a professional politician is not qualification to be president. Waving the mantra of "hope" and "change" while not even doing anything as senator and then selecting Biden, who has been in Washington for 30 freaking years is the height of hypocrisy.
__________________

crappybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0