Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Racboy
Default Why or what the reason for white screen

This is the first time that I have been able to come back on here for about five days, whenever I logged in then went to check on the HELP! that I had asked for all I got was a white screen, thought I had been barred for some thing, (question to hard,? no one knows the answer?) or is it the problem I have got causing laptop to not be able to go into sites, dont know!!!! newbie!! (not a NOOB!) Ha! But I am having trouble with my laptop and it is doing my head in (it's feckin brand new!!) I posted what the problem is and it has been viewed a few times but no answer yet. sssssssssso (thats me stuttering) I am going to to try again. Have been on to msn to ask but it is like banging your head against the wall, Here goes:- What is the subject of your comment or question?
visual c++ runtime error
Select a Microsoft product:
Other
If your product was not found, enter your product name here:
internet explorer 7
Provide the browser type and version.
internet explorer 7
Issues and comments:
Hello I hope you can help me, I purchased my new laptop in aug 08 and it was working fine, then there was loads of upgrades and I activated microsoft office word 2007 then after a couple of weeks when I started up my laptop the message :-
Internet explorer script error
line 2
char 30293
error"a" is null or not an object
code 0
url http://db2.t.msn.com/en-gb/home.aspx?ver=8.5.1302&did=1
Then I am asked do I want to cont running scripts on this page
and after a few minutes this then comes up
microsoft visual c++runtime error
program:c\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
And then it just closes down and I lose every thing that I have been doing....HELP!!!
I am fairly new to computing but I don't think I have done any thing to cause this so could you get back to me and let me know what's happening. Thank you very much. Ray Boyle
Sorry that I have had to copy and paste my question, but I have been trying to get an answer from a few sources, mostly msn, but its like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get answer from them, so if any one has an idea what to do please let me know, I have been advised to go back to a restore point, but I don't know exactly when it started and I don't want to lose other things, If you have a magic wand wave it over here:-}

Old 10-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: Why or what the reason for white screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racboy View Post
This is the first time that I have been able to come back on here for about five days, whenever I logged in then went to check on the HELP! that I had asked for all I got was a white screen, thought I had been barred for some thing, (question to hard,? no one knows the answer?) or is it the problem I have got causing laptop to not be able to go into sites, dont know!!!! newbie!! (not a NOOB!) Ha! But I am having trouble with my laptop and it is doing my head in (it's feckin brand new!!) I posted what the problem is and it has been viewed a few times but no answer yet. sssssssssso (thats me stuttering) I am going to to try again. Have been on to msn to ask but it is like banging your head against the wall, Here goes:- What is the subject of your comment or question?
visual c++ runtime error
Select a Microsoft product:
Other
If your product was not found, enter your product name here:
internet explorer 7
Provide the browser type and version.
internet explorer 7
Issues and comments:
Hello I hope you can help me, I purchased my new laptop in aug 08 and it was working fine, then there was loads of upgrades and I activated microsoft office word 2007 then after a couple of weeks when I started up my laptop the message :-
Internet explorer script error
line 2
char 30293
error"a" is null or not an object
code 0
url http://db2.t.msn.com/en-gb/home.aspx?ver=8.5.1302&did=1
Then I am asked do I want to cont running scripts on this page
and after a few minutes this then comes up
microsoft visual c++runtime error
program:c\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
And then it just closes down and I lose every thing that I have been doing....HELP!!!
I am fairly new to computing but I don't think I have done any thing to cause this so could you get back to me and let me know what's happening. Thank you very much. Ray Boyle
Sorry that I have had to copy and paste my question, but I have been trying to get an answer from a few sources, mostly msn, but its like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get answer from them, so if any one has an idea what to do please let me know, I have been advised to go back to a restore point, but I don't know exactly when it started and I don't want to lose other things, If you have a magic wand wave it over here:-}
Sometimes CF itself has that problem but normally resolved in a few hours. If you still get a blank page hit ctrl + F5 because internet explorer chaches everything it can get its hands on