Why is the question...

Wombät

Fully Optimized
Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?
Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?
Why can't women apply mascara with their mouths closed?
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?
Why is a boxing ring square?
Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?
Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?
Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?
Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume of the radio?
Why is lemon juice made from artificial flavour and dishwashing liquid made from real lemons?
Why is the man who invests all his money called a broker?
Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?
Why can't they make the whole plane out of the material used to make thay little indestructible black box?

<I>Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?</I>

Because rain is liquid, but snow is a solid. The rest I can't figure out.

Very funny!

BanChan said:
<I>Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?</I>

Because rain is liquid, but snow is a solid. The rest I can't figure out.
That sounds like the reason.

Why can't they make the whole plane out of the material used to make thay little indestructible black box?

Because it will cost too much !?!?!

Wombat said:
Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

because exposure to UV light causes our bodies to produce melanin, the buildup of this darker stuff eventually moves to the surface where t can be seen, hair cannot produce melanin and therefore cannot tan.

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
Because the bonding agents need to react with the oxygen in the air, thats why superglue can get hot whilst setting, think of it in the same way as platlets in your blood for scabs when you are cut and the blood reacts with the air, but you don't get scas in your veins.

Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?
rain doesn't drop, it falls, a single piece of rain is caled a drop because it is a liquid, a single piece of snow is called a flake,

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume of the radio?
to help you concerntrait

Why is lemon juice made from artificial flavour and dishwashing liquid made from real lemons?
Because the citric acid cuts through the grease, but artificial lemon is cheaper to produce.

[/quote]
[/QUOTE]

because the black box is indestructable based on it's design and shape, somewhat like a safe. and safes don'tactually fly all that well...

Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?

Because it's a stick, not as in sticky.

Too expensive and too heavy.

Yeah I was about to explain that one about the lipstick..:p

"Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?"

Because in a way, they are learning all the time.

"Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?"

Because real phychics don't exist? :p Well I don't think they could in that way. I think if they could, it'd be reading peoples minds, but no one would know yet.

"Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?"

Could be something to do with tradition to mean something more than nailing it down:

http://www.orkneyjar.com/tradition/death/death3.htm

Back
Top Bottom