Why is the PS3 ripped on so much?

Almost all the multiplatform games I've seen look better on the 360 than the PS3. The PS3 is powerful but the Cell processor is so hard to work with that companies don't spend as much time developing for it and tweaking it for the console. In the game development world, time is money. ;)

I agree. Some of the PS3's better titles like Resistance and Lair looked horrible. If you compare the graphics of Gears of War and Resistance: Fall of Man, I'd take Gears hands down. Resistance totally reminds me of FEAR and it's repetitive, linear levels with the same bland look everywhere.
Gears looks good, I admit that. But not satisfying. Everything is grey. Crysis does a better job of putting in real colors. Gears has too much of a dreary boring color to everything, with a little but too much normal mapping sometimes.

Gears looks good, I admit that. But not satisfying. Everything is grey. Crysis does a better job of putting in real colors. Gears has too much of a dreary boring color to everything, with a little but too much normal mapping sometimes.

Well I think boring is just your opinion then. It doesn't exactly go for a realistic look, granted, but I think it looks fantastic, espescially now that I have an 8800GT.. so pretty.. It's arguably better looking than the 360 version, but I think thats just because it's sharper on a monitor than an HDTV.

Yeah, I was surprised how boring, and how bad the graphics were on Resistance, but I really like FEAR, so...yeah.

Didn't like Gears Of War to tell the truth, but Crysis is an okay game.

Yeah, I was surprised how boring, and how bad the graphics were on Resistance, but I really like FEAR, so...yeah.

Didn't like Gears Of War to tell the truth, but Crysis is an okay game.

I loved gears of war, so fun. I can't wait for some good custom maps to come around.

It's called setting and environment. The story of Gears is that the planet of Sera is in dark times fighting against the Locust. If they wanted bright colors they could've just named it Hello Kitty of War. :rolleyes:

It's called setting and environment. The story of Gears is that the planet of Sera is in dark times fighting against the Locust. If they wanted bright colors they could've just named it Hello Kitty of War. :rolleyes:
That's an awesome idea. I'm going to make a Hello Kitty FPS.
800px-HelloKittywithwoman.jpg

Hug Hello Kitty and she'll destroy you and feast on your soul. The backgrounds and texture can all be bright green, yellow and pink too.
Maybe a flight combat game...
798px-HelloKittyPlane.jpg

Back
Top Bottom