Why Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be paying for the logo, but with that logo comes reliability, design & great support.

When you buy any prebuilt computer you are paying for the label. That's one of a couple reasons why building your own desktop is cheaper. With Macs, it just appears to be more of an added cost.

yes i think hi did. also i agree with him.
apple is just too expensive for what you get. go linux is you want anything else then windows.
thats just my opinion.

So could you explain why a comparable workstation from Dell or HP is actually more expensive?

So you're saying I paid for the Apple logo on my Mac Pro?
Yes. Just like if you buy a Lincoln vs a Ford, a big part is paying for the name. Which is why Mercury was shut down for example. At some point, customers realize part of the extra price is just the name. And they don't like that. With brands come and image. It might be reliability, performance, service, whatever it is, it gets into people's heads that that's what the brand means. And even though a new or different brand might be just as good for a smaller price, it hasn't built that reputation yet.

Toyota has a name built on reliability, and even though Hyundai's are now just as reliable, and better bang for the buck, it doesn't have the image. Even though a Chevy Cruze is a great car, a lot of people are still skeptical because GM has a reputation for building terrible quality compact cars. Building a name is very important in all industries. Because once you have built your name... You can sell it.

I really don't understand how this discussion has gone on for so long

It's a Mac vs. PC discussion. It could carry on for another million pages of drivel the same as every other such discussion on here has carried on before....

But what's most important is... Linux is better than them all :). Mac is related to Linux in a way, too - being derived from UNIX.

5. True. By design, it is more secure than windows. However, Windows 7, if kept properly updated is very secure. I didn't even run any anti-malware software on my Win 7 netbook to conserve resources and had no issues. The vast majority of malware is installed by the user...be smart and keep up to date and you have very, very little to worry about with 7. And, if you want to be the most secure, nothing beats Linux.

Just to point it out, I'm a Linux user and love it, but it is SLIGHTLY less secure than BSD, although far better. And definitely outshines both Mac and PC in terms of security measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom