Sigh, why does this topic keep coming up...
1. Mac OS X is -much- better than Windows. So much so, that most of Harry Potter was edited, dubbed and mastered on a room full of Mac Pros, because the OS has basically 0 background crap, so no sluggishness, and programs like Final Cut Pro (designed entirely for Mac OS) provided you have the spec, run seamlessly.
2. Mac OS X is a full OS that only costs £30, so they need to make their money somewhere.
3. I've still got a Mac from 2001 in my room, that works perfectly - the oldest working Windows machine ive seen that can actually be 'used' was probably 2004ish
4. Consistency - Yes i admit, Windows 7 is good, but before 7 was Vista, which they seemed to stick at for several years eventhough it was crap. Vista SP1 wasn't any better, it just made it feel less like drowning in wallpaper paste. Mac OS has some bugs when new versions are released, but within a couple of weeks, updates and patches come out that make it much better, much faster. And, 10.1 through 10.6 have all been brilliant once the initial little bugs are removed.
5. Virus-resistant - It's not virus immune, but its rare to find a mac virus or mac spyware. as soon as Apple hear about a new threat, they set out defending against it. That's more than can be said for Microsoft.
6. Better support - From Shopfronts to call centers. Apple's PR
> Microsoft's PR
7. Longevity - Like i said before, they're built to last, instead of being built to overheat in a few years so you have to buy another one, COUGH HP.
So, you spend £999 up to a couple thousand, but you won't spend that again too quickly. Whereas when your HP Envy comes into my shop with a dead board or fried GPU - I wont go easy on you >
Oh, and there are a few little things that Apple do, that no one else does.
Glass Bezel on the LCD panels
Super-bright, super high res screens. (I mean, the iMac looks amazing, even when it's bootcamped with Windows)
Unibody - no stupid fans on the bottom that you block with your legs.
Multitouch that WORKS - Windows laptops just fail at it over and over again.
Keyboard backlighting - i think this should be on every laptop, but it isn't.
Superdrive - no floppy plastic there.
10-hour battery? on a laptop with a reasonable spec and decent CPU? yes please. It's one thing to put 10 hours on an Atom, something else entirely to do it to a Core 2 Duo or an i5.
Oh and btw, i'd call that trolling tbh, you knew eventually someone (in this case it was 01001010, is just going to call you shitheads and leave it at that)