why is eminem so popular?

His daughter, mom and Dr. Dre are all there is in his life, so technically he does rap about life.

That is true, lol..
I'm not saying he doesnt have talent but I just wondered how he tends to stand out more than other rappers... Heck, I like him I was one of the first to buy Recovery when it came out.

Thank you Cabbs. Those were words of wisdom. I'm not a terribly large fan for him, but he does, at least, refrain from scandalous subjects in most of his music.

Well, his songs don't really fit that typical rapper stereotype with "chicks" and strippers and lying in a pit of $100 notes wearing a purple pimp jacket.

Over the years though I found that he is maturing, as he has children, therefore less profanity and more serious stuff than his earlier work. But I like both his new and old stuff.

I also like that song he did with Lil Wayne, called Drop The World.

I mainly listen to techno, hardcore techno, trance, psy trance, electro etc. The only exception would probably be Eminem.

I like eminem because isn't songs aren't all about sex, drugs, and rims. In fact I can't think of too many songs where the primary subject has been sex, drugs, or rims that Eminem has done...(I know there has been a few though)

Point is he's different. And says more then "this is my white t!"

That's great dude, you got a white t-shirt I'm happy for you!

I like Eminem because of his style of Rap, how he can rhyme individual syllables together and parts of words to get his point across. I think it was mentioned in this thread where Lil Wayne has rhymed the same word together several times... That's not rapping, that's just producing an album to make more money with little to no effort.

I ask myself this whenever someone mentions him. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I don't enjoy Eminem's music at all, but I'm not about to insult him or his music. He's popular because some people think he is good at what he does. There's plenty of music that I enjoy that other dislike. It's just everyone's preference. Most popular artists got their fame from being good at what they do. With the exception of Justin Bieber, of course. :p

Back
Top Bottom