Why Do We live In A Racist Society?

BK_123

Golden Master
Why is it that we live in such a racist society today?

No arguments or debates otherwise I will request for this to be locked.

There will always be those who think they are better than anyone else based on race, religion, sexual orientation, and other such silly pigeon holing people tend to do.
I feel in my heart of hearts than it will take a disaster of global proportions to bring us together. And even then it will be a fragile peace.

Why is it that we live in such a racist society today?

I don't think we do. I can only speak for where I live, but aside from odd, isolated cases (usually involving high profile footballers it seems) I see very little evidence of it.

Maybe not where you're at but in other countries they kill each other in the name of racial purity.

How how can we have a thread with an oppinion based "why" question without debate allowed? Seems counter intuitive.

Anyways, I think most evolved countries are not racist. There will always be a few nut jobs that think they are better than those who are different but I don't think they reflect society as a whole.

Maybe not where you're at but in other countries they kill each other in the name of racial purity.

Sure, but the question was "why do *we* live in such a racist society." I, for one, don't, and I'm pretty sure that most people on here live in developed countries that aren't full of racial hatred either. Perhaps I'm wrong. Either way, there was an assumption made in that question that isn't true for me, and thus (for me at least) it's an invalid question as it stands.

If the question is "why do you believe racial hatred is still predominant in a select few societies", then fair enough - but that's a completely different question.

when i was a teen, i considered myself to be mild racist against middle east people.
luckily i am smarter today. I remember that it was mostly due to the media that i had that opinion.
The media likes the stories that gives them viewers, and that's mostly the horrible stories.
like: "an African suicide bomber killed 15 people" or "a middle east male killed his daughter because she had sex with an american"
it's stories like that that got to me and made me "dislike" middle east people back then.

I think our little friend BK_123 bought this up as over hear in Australia our local VFA football has had some headlines of so called Racial abuse against some of our indigenous players.
As usual we are getting the usual Media attention to sell a story.
As for no debate here, well bad luck as this is a forum for debate.

Cheers

Well if anyone want a debate then go for it, ignore what I said.

Staff can remove that out of the first post..

Back
Top Bottom