Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: Why do some people pay for information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
This forum used to be filled with lots of correct and useful information until you started posting on every question with not so useful and correct information
Yea but at least he posts lots of lovely polls about every aspect of his life.

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-knox View Post
Yea but at least he posts lots of lovely polls about every aspect of his life.
Well he has almost 167 posts in 3 days.... I mean he had to get there somehow...

If he doesn't have anyone to argue with about being wrong he has to fill the void by telling us a lil about himself...

K sorry back on topic...

@ OP some people are afraid to do things themselves and think that it is really complicated and that they wouldn't be able to do it. So they figure might as well leave it to the professionals....

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
@ OP some people are afraid to do things themselves and think that it is really complicated and that they wouldn't be able to do it. So they figure might as well leave it to the monkeys....
There, I fixed it for you. And a lot of people think stuff that is really easy is complicated, because they have never done it themselves, or they have been told that it is. If I was like that, I wouldn't be fixing/replacing everything that breaks.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #14
Site Team

I can imagine some business users paying for support, maybe only if they get a reply or something because sometimes you can start a thread on a forum and it doesn't always get answered.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
pud
In Runtime

i figure its because not everyone is tech savvy and when they search the internet for terms that will bring up sites like Expert Exchange (never heard of it personally) they see that you have to pay for use/membership to recieve help...thus it makes them seem more professional to the unfortunate suckers, where as a forum to the unknowing appears to be full of amateurs.
So they figure hey, this is these guys' business, ill pay to join and hopefully save a few bucks on repair costs.

Ive learned over my years that theres a forum full of users somewhere that can help you find a fix to any problem...and teach you about the topics relevant.
Thats why I joined CF.
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Pfft, you guys pay for Experts Exchange?

Well, you could always Google the topic you're stuck on and, if you see an Experts Exchange search hit, click the Cached link and scroll all the way down to the bottom.

The answers are visible without you having to pay. They're usually a load of total bollocks and not worth the extortionate fee you're expected to pay if you weren't being a thieving bastard.