Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #21
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Why do some people here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.v.b View Post
Have you ever helped someone with something. But they didn't give you any cradit. Even if your help was the best. And it worked. Well I have. And I hate it when some of the people here do that. We deserve the credit (rep). Type 12344 if you voted yes and type 44321 if you voted no.
Welcome to life. As you grow up you will realize that many matters in life are the same way.

And to be blunt, I have maybe only seen one good helpful post from you.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

I don't really care about it, but I'm not gonna lie I like when I o get it for good reasons. You know you can make public poles so you can see who voted and what they chose...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
Site Team

What do you want done about it? We cannot write a script as "helpful" posts vary by topic and who is judging it. And we cannot have us mods to go through and judge since we do have lives. I know I speak for the rest of the team when I say that going through every post and determining if it was "helpful" is really the last thing I want to do with my free time.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #24
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

I don't help people solely to get "rep". If I get some, that's fine, if I don't, that's fine too. It's not a big deal really.

I don't think I "deserve credit" when I help someone. It's my pleasure to help out.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I don't think I "deserve credit" when I help someone. It's my pleasure to help out.
And that's why we should be helping people. We shouldn't help just so we can get rep. If getting rep is the only reason you help out, then stop helping. Odds are the quality of your posts is not there then.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I don't help people solely to get "rep". If I get some, that's fine, if I don't, that's fine too. It's not a big deal really.

I agree completely with that statement. Rep is lame. I don't spend a few minutes every hour lurking/ posting on here to get rep, neither should anyone else.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #27
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Yeah, I dont care if people give me rep or not. If you are negative, that doesnt really look good, but it really doesnt matter so much.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #28
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.v.b View Post
Have you ever helped someone with something. But they didn't give you any cradit. Even if your help was the best. And it worked. Well I have. And I hate it when some of the people here do that. We deserve the credit (rep). Type 12344 if you voted yes and type 44321 if you voted no.

I think you need to stop worrying about the reputation system. You'll know by time who are the most resourceful members.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #29
Fully Optimized

well I just help because i want to, I would like rep but i fell better and more expert if i have succeeded in helping someone .
2.3 tricore phenom,2 GB RAM , EVGA 9600 GSO,250 GB SSD
2.6 X4 620, 4GB RAM, 9600 GSO, 500 GB HDD/I'm part of The Project
ace777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #30
Fully Optimized

It's life, get used to it. You're not always going to get credit for things you do for people. I enjoy the satisfaction of helping people, that's more than good enough for me. I don't need credit or glorification to know that I did something good, as long as I did something good and helped someone out then I'm happy. I really don't care about rep, it's a green icon. I try to give rep when I see a good post or someone helps me but I do forget sometimes.

Here's my response: 654987165 figure it out! What's with these weird codes? there are more letters than numbers on the keyboard for a reason. Why not just do what Lowndsey suggested and stick to the regular YES or NO? just a thought