Why do some people here...

Giving rep out is up to the individual, so if you help someone and they give you rep so be it, i they don't then don't worry, you may get it next time or that person might not use the rep system, at the end of the day there only green bars, you are not going to become king for getting the most, some of us here use it to show our appreciation to members who help us, some members don't like the rep system so its swings and roundabouts, don't let it bother you to much

ahh dang the TOS , lied to me, I was under the assumption I would atleast be embassador. :(

This sounds like a rep begging thread....

People usually rep me when I help them....I'm not worried about it anyway. Rep isn't everything. The fact that I helped someone is good enough for me.

Ok, I like having rep, but to me, it truly means nothing. I don't care if you 8 bars of rep. I don't care if you have negative rep, if your post means something to me, then my all means I appreciate it whether or not I give rep for it. Sometimes I may forget to give rep, or sometimes I'm just too lazy to go click on the rep button. Rep on this forum is really annoying, and it is also pointless for most people here. If rep could only be given in places OTHER than the social lounge, that would make things a hell of a lot better here. It would also give rep some serious meaning.

I give rep when I remember to, but that isn't often. I don't care how much I receive either.

I find that a "thank you" and the satisfaction that comes from resolving the problem is enough for me.

I'm already on record as not being a big fan of the Rep system so no need to elaborate there.

I give rep to posts I like, for effort, for help, or as a return for rep points that were given to me.

Type 12344 if you voted yes and type 44321 if you voted no.

Here's a revolutionary idea...type YES if you voted yes. Type NO if you voted no. It's a wild crazy idea from way out in left field..but maybe just maybe it might be ok.

I give rep if people have really helped me.

But since I was around before the rep system was introduced, it all seems weird to me still.

Thanks all that got me to 5 rep bars though :) I only remember having 3 last time I looked

Back
Top Bottom