Why is Darkblade banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I count 11 moderators

99nasha, Lurkswithin, SetiShock, Maurice, Wombat, Root, Matt, David_Lindon, Lord Kalthorn, David Brand, ~Mr Mix~...

all but the last three have been on here just about everyday of the last week...
Cept me because I wasn't online at all over the weekend.

I don't think that shows weakness on the parts of the mods, I think it just shows that we live in a varied community and some are more willing to put up with more stuff than others are. some are offended by different things. therefore it's not always as much of a straight forward process to just ban a user, because some mods may feel they have done nothing wrong. and want them re-enstated.

Isn't all this posting in locked threads abusing powers?

Haha, probably.

I still stand by the fact that a Moderator should Moderate. Banning long time users and making others feel like not staying because they don't conform to this new Tyranical System is not Moderating, it is dealing in simple black and white; Moderating deals with the Colours because you have to Moderate, allowing the Admin to work in black and white.

If a Moderator cannot handle people thinking he isn't doing a good job, then he has a problem, because it is going to happen. We had that problem with DarkBlade before, when he felt nobody thought he was doing a good job. He at least, did not ban people for that feeling.

There's always a user strong enough to stand up to this type of system, and this Forum has a lot of them. Eventually there will be nobody to answer queries, and the 'power-hungry Moderators' whose names will go unmentionned will have nobody to wield their power upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom