Why is Darkblade banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan said:
Steven.. yea.. and what if you got banned? would you still think so..? no.. just like Steven11 was banned, eh?
Steven11 was not banned, he asked for his account to be closed. Now Dan this is a case of you gettin your facts straight...

Haha, now I'm starting to think that the moderators are becoming overrated...

alvino said:
Haha, now I'm starting to think that the moderators are becoming overrated...

Ditto. Heh, I'm thinking we should like.... shut down the forums for a couple days and let everyone chill the hell out. It's gettin' pretty hostile. Maybe the mods would ease up a bit.

nickbuddy111 said:
i read what you quoted over and over i still dont see how thats all that much of a threat, if a mod sees that as a threat thats his problem, and we can help

i'll bold what the threat is. i will also quote more of the threats.

First off, you might be MODs, but “you BETTER” respect long standing members.

You WILL respect his views and heed his advice “or I will punish you outside this forum”. UNACCPETABLE.

“You will not get away with that sir.”

“You better” shape up and respect members who have been here longer then you

Start showing respect, “or I will have no choice but to show a LACK of it outside this forum to you.”

All of you better get a clue and some respect, “or you will pay for it dearly.”

In my honest opinion, you three are NOT friend material, “more like arch enemy material.”

All of that from one post from this thread: http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=19164

Now does anybody want to say he shouldn't be banned? he got banned for threats and there are a bunch.

well...

This was not an isolated event. He blantly harassed the mods and the admin. But the threats were the final straw.

If we are down to banning people because of comments like that, are we not down to banning Wombat based on his commentary towards myself?

There should only be one set of rules for everybody, not one for Members and one for Moderators. If anything, the rules for Moderators should be tighter than those for Members. What Wombat did was reasonable in my eyes, he seems to feel threatened by me, it is something he is going to have to sort out with his God and not our problem. What DarkBlade said was not helpful, and it was not really very pleasant, but if we ban people for that what exactly are we turning ourselves into?

Why, also, is Winter banned? You can look through his latest posts if you want, and I have not seen anything that dignifies a ban.

The Banning System is for Scum who Spam and cause trouble over and over again. Trouble is not flaming the Moderators for things they shouldn't have done; we are here to take it that and should expect it. Trouble is flaming Members for no reason at all, consistantly.

This is a Forum, and as such I don't believe your Old-House Moderating is of any use whatsoever. I am pretty sure, with no false modestly, that I could quite happily Moderate this Forum on my own, and it would be a pleasant place. We have, what, three Moderators at the moment having trouble handling three or four people?

If DarkBlade threatens you, once he is back on, be a man and face it. Your powers are for the Forum, not for you. If he becomes too big, push him back down, if he uses language you don't want, edit it out, not by removing the post and inserting the Rule, but by removing the words that shouldn't be there. We want posts, we don't want the bad words, the answer is hence to censor the bad words and keep the post rather than destroying the post.

Somebody can PM me about why Winter is banned, because that is just below the belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom