A Whole New Level of Ignorance

I was there first, GTFO. :D

And I'm sure you wouldn't be offended if you didn't have an English name and everyone pronounced your Chinese name wrong.

Well I'd probably tell them how it's pronounced which would lead to me getting tired of that. Then I'd stop caring. :p

Yeah, it is mean to generalize an entire population, but the truth is that the vast majority of Americans are ignorant to the world around them and issues happening across the globe. It's not saying that EVERYONE in America is ignorant, but a lot of people are and it just doesn't help the image of the country in general. Especially if they do/say something stupid like Representative Brown did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
I honestly doubt Americans on average are any more or less ignorant to the rest of the world than people from pretty much any other country. Of course the most ridiculous of people are going to be put on youtube and have the limelight. I'm sure a similar percentage of the populations of most other countries are just as ignorant. Reason America is targeted most for this is because America is considered one of the most powerful countries in the world, so it is naturally going to get the most criticism and hatred towards it.

I don't have any facts to back all this up, it is just simple common sense, and my opinion.

Another thing that I find is a common practise among some that come from other countries is they don't bank here. They send the money back to the country they came from. And quite often through ways that make it tough to trace where it went.
I pay taxes and them not is so wrong.

I honestly doubt Americans on average are any more or less ignorant to the rest of the world than people from pretty much any other country. Of course the most ridiculous of people are going to be put on youtube and have the limelight. I'm sure a similar percentage of the populations of most other countries are just as ignorant. Reason America is targeted most for this is because America is considered one of the most powerful countries in the world, so it is naturally going to get the most criticism and hatred towards it.

I don't have any facts to back all this up, it is just simple common sense, and my opinion.

Well a lot of people expect the one of the wealthiest, most powerful countries in the world to at least properly educate their citizens. Compared to most european countries, our education system is a joke.

^
I will agree that our education system needs a lot of improvement, but a powerful country isn't a perfect country, so naturally we are going to have our strengths and weaknesses just like any other country.

^
I will agree that our education system needs a lot of improvement, but a powerful country isn't a perfect country, so naturally we are going to have our strengths and weaknesses just like any other country.

THIS IS SPARTA!

Lol sorry just felt that it fit.

Back
Top Bottom