A Whole New Level of Ignorance

haha, is stupider even a word?

He's an idiot. I thought he would do well for Australia, but he's terrible. Same as I thought for Obama. I hate it when politicians say they'll do something but never actually do it...

Everybody say they are going to do something and end up not doing it. Especially when theres going to be some kind of conflict in the way of it.

Everybody say they are going to do something and end up not doing it. Especially when theres going to be some kind of conflict in the way of it.

yea, except Polk. He kept all hims promises. See with politicians many people get swept up by the BS the spread. Thats why you have to see through it like ME, rooster, celegorm and some others here did.

Stupid American.

Are you seriously saying this?

He's an idiot. I thought he would do well for Australia, but he's terrible. Same as I thought for Obama. I hate it when politicians say they'll do something but never actually do it...

Rudd is just an idiotic bogan.

Doing that IS politics.

funny thing is you are stupider than they are

P.S. She gives republicans a bad name. Just like Palin.

QFT.

Rudd is just an idiotic bogan.

I'll bet that you couldn't even give some examples of what he has done that is terrible.

I really hate the 'stupid American' term that so many people use. That is really offensive that you take one stupid person and generalize it to an entire population.

I really hate the 'stupid American' term that so many people use. That is really offensive that you take one stupid person and generalize it to an entire population.

Yeah, it is mean to generalize an entire population, but the truth is that the vast majority of Americans are ignorant to the world around them and issues happening across the globe. It's not saying that EVERYONE in America is ignorant, but a lot of people are and it just doesn't help the image of the country in general. Especially if they do/say something stupid like Representative Brown did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I dont see anything at all wrong with what he is saying .
I agree completely with the ban on shariah law , how do you have the right as an individual citizen to chose to follow laws which have not come about from the legislative framework that is in place but simply a law come from religion , im not saying shariah law is wrong but im saying you cant follow a completely different law tha everyone else just because its your religion . I wouldnt ban people practicisng their religion up until a certain point and that would have to be it where they wished to follow a law different to the law of the land

The issue of spy agencies monitoring mosques is a sensetive one i know but lets not beat about the bush here it is extremists who refer to themselves as muslims who are a big threat in the word today and that is where they spread there propoganda and try and recruit more members so it makes sense ,onitoring mosques . It would be the same if the christian extremists posed a security threat

What else is wrong with what he is sayin basically all he is saying is if you would like to go and live there than you have to try and integrate into the society that you wish to live in . He isnt saying we will ban you practicisng your religion or we will ban you recognising your own culture but you have to also respect the culture of the country you are choosing as your home just as you expect the people of that country to accept your culture and right to practice a religion .And that goes two ways which is the issue at hand in this thread . You cant accept someone to learn your language and accept your culture but then ask them to change their names just because you cant prenounce their name . Just as they have made the effort to learn your language and your culture then you should make the slightest bit of effort to learn at least their names

And the bit about learning the language to me at least is the most important one of all . If you want to go and live somewhere and settle there and bring up a family there at least make an effort to learn the language . One post office boss in england lost his job for refusing to accept people who couldnt speak any englsih http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7951778.stm .Its a clear point if you arent willing to try and integrate and dont like the country you are moving to then leave

I agree completely with what the prime minister of australia is saying and i hope one day we will have a leader in britain with enough balls to say exactly the same in this country but up until now all we have is postmasters who werent even bron in this country who have to say it

Yeah, it is mean to generalize an entire population, but the truth is that the vast majority of Americans are ignorant to the world around them and issues happening across the globe. It's not saying that EVERYONE in America is ignorant, but a lot of people are and it just doesn't help the image of the country in general. Especially if they do/say something stupid like Representative Brown did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

the best is the homless guy rambling on about invading random countries.

And is it bad that I though of Uruguay (I though it was Urugay, but firefox says its Uruguay. Which is it?) before The United States of America?

Back
Top Bottom