Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Who Here plays an instrument

Who here plays an instrument? I play guitar and cello

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Who Here plays an instrument

I play Guitar, Bass and I'm starting keyboard.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

I play guitarrr! Ive played bass and drums a few times but not very good at them.
EricM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to Š88

I have an Ibanez RG7620 (guitar) that i've been playing for about 3 and a half years.

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
In Runtime

sweet ive been playing for bout 4.5 years. I gotta Jackson RR5 with EMGS and a Jackson DXMG
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Nice guitars man, I have a Washburn X-50Q. A very nice guitar.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:19 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

i play the piano, ive been playing since i was 4, so this is my 15th year.

i got my licence from the AMEB (Australian Music Examination Board) last year so i am officially a trained piano teacher but i just dont have time lol

i kinda taught myself guitar
Old 01-18-2006, 04:04 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Wow

I play the keyboard/Piano. I prefer the keyboard though because of the range of sounds, etc, though nothing beats a real piano in terms of quality of the piano sound (Unless you pay like 2 grand on a synthersizor)

I used to learn it with a teacher and that, but I find picking up stuff like that, not hard, but I don't pick it up...
I had a teacher for two years, then she left and I was on grade 3 I think it was (learnt the pieces from memory so didn't read most of the time), and then I went to another after her, and she basically said "you haven't learnt anything then. You can't even read the notes on the pages yet without counting through the rhymes", and wondered how I ever got to grade 3, and sent me back to 1 again
and I'm like that with the Times Tables too, hehe, things like sequencing don't stay without having to go through the whole lot, so you can't say to me whats a number x by a number, without me having to go all the wya through that table first... so i basically gave up because that teacher left as well after a few months.

Anyway, now you all think I'm dumb, I do compose my own music, and know my way around the keyboard even though I can't exactly read music. So i cna create some reaslly good stuff by layering etc, which I do on my fantastic:

Yamaha PSR350... its alright, has a floppy disc etcc and contains the almighty XG synth wich gives it over 600 sounds, so not bad

I am looking to buy a 2 1/2 grand keyboard though when I get the loan through from my uni:

Yamaha Tyros 2 I think

I can't wait to be able to sequence 16 layers without having to use a computer, plus having over 1000 realistic sounds, with options to upgrade
Old 01-18-2006, 04:10 AM   #9
Daemon Poster

That sounds like a very nice keyboard... I have some Roland piece of trash...
What styles does everyone play? I play Classic Rock and Melodic Metal, 'course I still play a bit of the old blues and Jazz gotta develop the skills in everything.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 AM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeah, it is quite good, though the one I'm hopefully getting is tonnes better. More professional than home, but meh

Roland keyboards are actually good, though I haven't had a chance to tinker around with them much.

Are there a defining feature with Rolands?
Like for example, Yamaha, you get all the music finders, etc, and alot of enphise on styles,
whereas the Casio keyboard are more for custom users who like to do a bit more tinkering with sounds.

I can play alot of dance and I want to actualy make a trance track or something (Though i don't really want to get a keyboard sequencer just for this type of genre), and thats usually what I come out with, just a backing track to a dance track or something that doesn't develop...
Though when I do actually make a proper song, it comes out kind of Classical/Instrumental like.

Melodic Metal?

My music ranges can differ though. I make music to my surrounding feelings, so for example I made a rather eerie song after I got some trouble on my way home from College, that night, hehe. Some good comes from it