Who has Windows Vista already?

It just takes time getting to know the Vista OS. I find it much easier to adapt to Vista than Office 2007. It's a pain for me. I'm so use to the Office 2003 and previous layout. For example, the stupid Zoom button. I hate it. Why not just leave it the way it is with the drop down arrow. Now you have to actually click on Zoom, select the zoom you want, then click ok. OMG, that takes like 1 minute to do almost!!!!

Ive just installed it on my main pc #1 in the sig, and its running sweeeet :)

~mr mixx~ said:
if you wanted to test out vista, you can always buy another internal hhd..they are not that expensive, and if you don't like what Vista has to offer, you can use the drive as a slave drive.
Thats a bit over the top aint it? As long as ya have a spare 20gig on ya HDD, then you can setup another partition

my vista partition on my desktop is only 10gb or so :D ... not too much of my 160gb

dude_se said:
my vista partition on my desktop is only 10gb or so :D ... not too much of my 160gb
Thats fair enough mate, but you should always have about 25% of ya HDD space free, helps run more efficiently that way. I always setup more than i need for apps and stuff :)

Peter Lachowicz said:
whendo you think the general public is going to use vista, like schools and such?
I know of one school in the UK that has made the switch. Was reading about it the other day. I know an administrator at a school nearby and he reckons its gonna be a few years before they make the switch. Down to the funding more than anything else, he personally wants to deploy it to a few test machines, but the budget wont allow it. :(

Peter Lachowicz said:
whendo you think the general public is going to use vista, like schools and such?
Heh. Our school just upgraded to Windows 2000. :roll: They've been on 98 until like last September... yay for the canadian education system.

Haha, all our library computers use XP, but the older computer lab ones still use Windows 2000.

alvino said:
Haha, all our library computers use XP, but the older computer lab ones still use Windows 2000.
Yeah. I forgot to mention that our libraries are on XP too... and strangely they had Internet Explorer 7 several days after it was released. The computer lab ones, on the other hand, like I mentioned before, are on 2000 and running a old version of the Mozilla suite. lol.

Back
Top Bottom