Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #21
In Runtime
Send a message via ICQ to MatW
Default Re: Who drives cars?

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla1
Mine came with a TRD supercharger option (which I got) and sport package that consists of spoiler, Aero bodykit, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather shift knob, black interior instead of the ugly grey, and white gauges.
Supercharger huh? how much horsepower does it put down? Is your car an a/t or m/t?

- Offshore Staff leasing services
MatW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:39 PM   #22
Golden Master

Stock horsepower is 130, which is what Corollas are typically based around. With the supercharger, it puts in another 40 horsepower. That also alters what gas I can use, which is high octane gasoline. New spark plugs and a colder thermostat was also part of the package to maintain the performance of the supercharger. The dealer has yet to market any high flow fuel pumps, fuel rail, and injectors yet, probably because it will void vehicle emissions.

Unfortunately, it is an automatic. They do have manual transmissions but since I do a lot of driving, I find it annoying to constantly shift. I can always use the low gears to race if I ever feel like it. I also have other performance parts added on afterwards to generate more hp. Never got an acutal dyno, but with the new aqua mist injection, pulleys, CAI, a/f controller, I should be nearing 200 whp.

*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #23
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to alvino

Wow. Thats cool...all that from a Corolla? Pretty neat.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote