Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #31
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

To me, I see no point in it. My life is fine without all that stuff influcencing my brain and body.

I can understand those who need it for medicinal uses though. For some it helps, but some just do it to look cool or because they're friends do it. Bleh.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:04 AM   #32
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser
Boardordi, people shouldn't try it, because one puff can get you addicted and can screw people up. It's all in the brain alteration, and for those who aren't affected, well, they pay for it.
pot???!!??? one puff will most certainly not get you addicted, it has absolutely no addictive traits, and you cannot become physically addicted to it, cigarettes are just stupid, a waste of money, i mean, at least with pot you get a high, cigarettes=the stoopidness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
ok, so that still doesnt help the fact that some people cant control themselves from doing bad stuff. And if the only thing wrong with it you say is that it leads to meth and other worse drugs, thats really bad. Doesnt it make sense to kill the source?
not even joking, in all seriousness about 75% of my school smokes pot, i know of one kid that went on to do harder drugs, and she recovered, but she was messed up to begin with, it doesnt just have to do with that, other factors contribute
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #33
In Runtime
 
Copperhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 454
Send a message via AIM to Copperhead
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

The reason the penalties on drugs are so harsh is because it's the government's responsibility. We give up the freedom to do whatever we want in return for their protection of are natural rights, life, liberty, and (pursuit of happiness)/(property). Drugs is considered to be in violation of the right to life (it kills people, violates a person's right to feel safe). It effects many people other than the user--families, friends, etc. There is always a negative outcome to drugs, even if it's just the disconnection from others when some kid in his basement smokes pot everyday.

I've smoked pot before but I got off it because I usually found myself out of full awareness. I was easily confused and things were hard to grasp. It was easy to just not care about something (homework, etc.). I absolutely hated that feeling and I know it effected others even if he/she didn't know what the source/cause was. I've had experience with being in the drug/alcohol scene, and being in the clean/drug-free scene, so my opinion is not bias.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (AM2)---ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe (Skt. AM2)---Corsair XMS - DDR2 2GB (5-5-5-15)
HDD's: 80GB & 250GB---GPU: BFG Geforce 7300GS (No Gaming)
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #34
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
Marijuana is a gateway drug
you said it yourself.. if its a gateway drug, thats a very good reason to ban it.. smoking pot leads you onto harder drugs, which aint good.. if you ban the gateway drug, people dont get onto the harder stuff (well, not as readily)
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:25 AM   #35
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
you said it yourself.. if its a gateway drug, thats a very good reason to ban it.. smoking pot leads you onto harder drugs, which aint good.. if you ban the gateway drug, people dont get onto the harder stuff (well, not as readily)
I dont really agree with this. If you ban the gateway drug, then a different drug will become the gateway drug. At the end of the day drugs are always gonna be around, its up to the individual to decide if they wanna use them or not.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #36
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
I dont really agree with this. If you ban the gateway drug, then a different drug will become the gateway drug. At the end of the day drugs are always gonna be around, its up to the individual to decide if they wanna use them or not.
good point, i agree
__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #37
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Who agrees with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
you said it yourself.. if its a gateway drug, thats a very good reason to ban it.. smoking pot leads you onto harder drugs, which aint good.. if you ban the gateway drug, people dont get onto the harder stuff (well, not as readily)

I do see your point, however I do not think the drug itself leads you to harder drugs, the individual does. Marijuana is a drug that allows the mind to become less stressed, and more relaxed. For those who have had extremely bad days, and know of marijuana, find this as a God send.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, for some it's a pill, for others it's marijuana, and for some it might be something completely different then indulging their body with something.

Marijuana is mainly a social thing, however, like everything else in the world, people like to do it on their own. Contrary to what you said, I think banning the drug would only strengthen its use. The people who smoke pot are generally 14-25, from what I can tell at least, and at those ages you're far more rebellious then older people. Banning the drug would make younger people want it even more, as people want what they can't have.

I will say though that I see everyone's points as valid and clear as you make them, I'm just addressing everything with an open mind and with my own personal experiences, as a lot can be learned from drug use, and whether or not you are for or against it.
__________________

Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0