Where to, Where to??

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Hey Guys! I have a question for you. I'm really getting deep into music, So I was wondering what sites would you guys personally recommend signing up for to get my music from? Napster, Itunes, Etc Etc? I don't mind paying a monthly subscription at all, as well as paying for each individual song or Album. But here's where I get pissed off. I have been to too many sites where once I spend my 99cents on a song, I can only burn it onto 3 CD's max, I can't change or edit the format, Or somehow my music "Cannot be located". I don't own an Ipod.:eek: I know, I know, Yet. I want a site that sells me a song for X amount of money and that song is MINE! I can move it, Back it up, Burn it onto as many CD's as I want, and the songs wont go mysteriously missing.

Any ideas?

how's this: http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Music-Dow..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1X5PR6KPDFT6NH9D6KV4

Also, for itunes, I buy it off their site, and since it has DRM and is in a different format, i burn it to a CD then import the CD as MP3. Kinda wastes a CD, but it's worth it.

I like the whole DRM free banner at the top. Do you think that's actually the case though? DRM free is what It sounds like I'm looking for. I'm not looking to steal music as that's not me, I just don't want restricted music that I already paid for.

I would think so. If it wasn't the case that'd be false advertisement. And yes, DRM free is what you want as that has no restrictions what-so-ever, and since it's bought on amazon (in this case) it's not stealing.

I haven't bought from amazon before, but I would atleast give it a shot if your looking for DRM free.

personally I'd just buy CDs...

i know that's not really what you are asking here, but there is just something good about holding the actual thing in your hands that you've paid for rather than ust seeing it on a screen.

Yeah, but cd's cost so much money these days and usually only have a few good songs on them, out of 12 or 13 songs on a cd there are usually 3-4 good ones. I'd rather pay to download just the good songs.

They wonder why piracy is so popular when not even half the songs on a cd are any good. Not worth paying for in my opinion.

Yeah, but cd's cost so much money these days and usually only have a few good songs on them, out of 12 or 13 songs on a cd there are usually 3-4 good ones. I'd rather pay to download just the good songs.

They wonder why piracy is so popular when not even half the songs on a cd are any good. Not worth paying for in my opinion.
Thats cause the artist/band figures they are all good, lol.

Ok, I was wandering around the Internet and I stumbled upon Realplayer. Now let me advise you that I love cool skins, black, blue, light greens, and even pinks, Lol...Jk! On a more serious note though, I love RealPlayer, The layout and theme of the player is to say the least Amazing, To me atleast.

But I have a question about it, How do I make it default for EVERYTHING. I went into the Tools, and Advanced Settings and changed everything for Realplayer to be the big dog on campus, But Media Player still engages the act. I rebooted, Still no go, I clicked every format possible, Still no go, I smacked it around a little bit, Still no go, What Gives!!!? Whenever a disc is inserted I want Realplayer to take over, How does one make that happen??

Please. ;)

Great point. Once you paid for it, there should be no restrictions.

I like the idea of putting it into MP3 format and putting it onto CD. This definitely frees you of any restrictions. Of course, you can burn the CDs back onto your computer and then convert it into WMA format.

I have this software on my computer called NBX Audio Converter. It starts out as a free trial: but, it costs $20. You can change it into any format just about and do whatever you'd like with your music. I have it and love it. It is so easy to use. You can download it at www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multime..._Players_and_Editors/NBX_Audio_Converter.html

Great point. Once you paid for it, there should be no restrictions.

I like the idea of putting it into MP3 format and putting it onto CD. This definitely frees you of any restrictions. Of course, you can burn the CDs back onto your computer and then convert it into WMA format.

I have this software on my computer called NBX Audio Converter. It starts out as a free trial: but, it costs $20. You can change it into any format just about and do whatever you'd like with your music. I have it and love it. It is so easy to use. You can download it at www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multime..._Players_and_Editors/NBX_Audio_Converter.html

Great Info! Thank You...But a question for you...Does it overwrite the copywrite laws on the disc? Once I bought the music I still have trouble doing any editing to the disc whether it be changing format, etc, due to the DRM crap.

I've been eyeballing Rhapsody but I still think they have DRM music. Celegorm suggested Amazon which has DRM FREE music but I want a site that will library my music as well as act as a media player (ie. Realplayer, Wmp, Etc)

Back
Top Bottom