Where the rage lies (rant, sorta)

Sounds like me, had very bad anger problems, so I started boxing. I now box for my town, in a team, and I find it a good way to channel my anger. That plus discovering sex of course, ha.

I had bad anger issues before I met the girl that I'm currently with. Shes Vietnamese, and the girl that I know I'll spend the rest of my life with.

We're planning to be engaged soon (yes, we've talked about it) and she definitely knows how to keep me on a calm level as far as my anger.

I think that everyone has anger issues at some time in their life.

The way I learnt to deal with it, was those people who piss me off, who wind me up, just to laugh and think their not worth the time to get angry over. Life is too short to be angry all the time, and believe those type of people are not worth any of my life, so just laugh and walk away.....

I have my friends, they are the ones whom I enjoy my life with.....so to me its all damn good.......

Not to sound mean or anything, but just deal with it? I think you need some counseling and anger management. Little things shouldn't piss you off like that.

I think that everyone has anger issues at some time in their life.

The way I learnt to deal with it, was those people who piss me off, who wind me up, just to laugh and think their not worth the time to get angry over. Life is too short to be angry all the time, and believe those type of people are not worth any of my life, so just laugh and walk away.....

I have my friends, they are the ones whom I enjoy my life with.....so to me its all damn good.......

Agreed.. Depending what you get angry about, this helps a lot..
As a child I was teased for a lot, and eventually I learned to ignore them and deny them the satisfaction of making me upset, to feel that sense of power.

It only made them frustrated, and when they would throw tantrums, they would in turn be made fun of by another bully, and things would stop..

Life is to short to be angry or upset.. it really is. Enjoy your time here, because you never know when your time is up.

I think every one can become angry , its just how you deal with it that counts , now obviously if you are getting angry very frequently and about insignificant things that cant be a good thing

Ok here is my advice , get a punchbag , whenever you feel angry just plain simple punch f**k out of the punchbag till your tired .then you go asleep and forget about your problem
Also you might find going out for a run or a jog very theraputic but then again it depends
You already said music dosent hel so i wouldnt bother with that but hows about trying some relaxation techniques they have worked for me before when i have been angry stressed or any other feelings
If i every feel angry at a person i jus avaid them as best i can and put them out of your mind
As another person said think about a girl that means a lot to you , i dunno if you are single or not but if you have a girlfriend spend some time with her if you have been together long enough tell her how you feel

My rage?
Well tbh it has been a long time since i have felt so angry i could kill someone i dont often get like that . I tend to focus on the good people and people whos company i enjoy , if someone is a jerk to me i simply wont give them any more of my time as i only end up getting angry
Well if i am angry i would either A listen to some relaxing music , i dont find heavy metal helps as it just fuels my anger and then i end up feeling more angry so i listen to something mellow , then i either relax using some techniques i have learnt ,and no before anyone asks its nothing dirty at all
Or i take my dog out for a walk , this is prolly part of the reason i never got angry cos everyday i would walk my dog for like an hour and that would be thinking about the day and the future and all sorts so i always worked stuff out then
If i had a girlfriend then i would ring her up and talk to her even about random stuff , just hearning her voice would prolly calm me down

Not to sound mean or anything, but just deal with it? I think you need some counseling and anger management. Little things shouldn't piss you off like that.

Just deal with it is pretty strong words considering. How does one "Deal with it?" Dealing with it is having a way to, well, deal with it. I don't have one. Otherwise I wouldn't even be here talking to you guys.

I see what your saying though, it is my problem, and I can't just complain and moan to everybody. But at least unlike your typical emo story, i'll do something about it eh?

I've had anger management before. Same with counseling. Though those were back when I was a about 7 years old... I don't remember much of it, all I know is I was treated in a way I was uncomfortable with.

It's not an everyday thing, hell it's not even a weekly thing, it's just when it happens, that it's a problem.

Ok here is my advice , get a punchbag , whenever you feel angry just plain simple punch f**k out of the punchbag till your tired .then you go asleep and forget about your problem
Also you might find going out for a run or a jog very theraputic but then again it depends
You already said music dosent hel so i wouldnt bother with that but hows about trying some relaxation techniques they have worked for me before when i have been angry stressed or any other feelings
If i every feel angry at a person i jus avaid them as best i can and put them out of your mind
As another person said think about a girl that means a lot to you , i dunno if you are single or not but if you have a girlfriend spend some time with her if you have been together long enough tell her how you feel

My rage?
Well tbh it has been a long time since i have felt so angry i could kill someone i dont often get like that . I tend to focus on the good people and people whos company i enjoy , if someone is a jerk to me i simply wont give them any more of my time as i only end up getting angry
Well if i am angry i would either A listen to some relaxing music , i dont find heavy metal helps as it just fuels my anger and then i end up feeling more angry so i listen to something mellow , then i either relax using some techniques i have learnt ,and no before anyone asks its nothing dirty at all
Or i take my dog out for a walk , this is prolly part of the reason i never got angry cos everyday i would walk my dog for like an hour and that would be thinking about the day and the future and all sorts so i always worked stuff out then
If i had a girlfriend then i would ring her up and talk to her even about random stuff , just hearning her voice would prolly calm me down

Looking back, i've actually had one thing help. One day I got pissed (gee, that would never happen) so I put on my headphones, turned up some metal (despite it not really doing anything) and just ran, sprinted as fast as I could til I couldn't go any further. I was so tired that I actually felt good. heh

I like the punching bag idea, I wonder what those cost. One that is strong enough that I wouldn't break it heh.

I love dogs, but the reason I tend to avoid them is because I know they die after about 14 years. I had to part with a couple of them about 5 years ago.. it was terrible.

I might get one when I move out though. They're such good company.

Dogs are great company and on the great scale of things a lot cah happen in 14 years and if you have them trained right they can be a pleasure to own

As for the running idea if that works for you freat , everytime you get angry just run it off , after a while you might see the distance you can run increase
as your stamina improves , you might even be able to compete against people which would be great and give you something to do in your spair time

As for a punch bag i dont have one however i have seen some you suspend from the ceeling for about £60 which is about $120 but cos stuff is cheaper there anyway prolly less maybe about $100 , just go to your local sports shop and ask about them , also if you wear boxing gloves you will feel as if you are hurting the bag but it honestly wond break as easily as you would have thought

I think we all have our problems and we deal with them in different ways so i dont think therapy or anger management works for everyone , i think people need to find out what works for them and practive that method , i have my own set of issues and ways to deal with them compared to any other person

Here's a quick list of things I do when I'm upset/angry:
- Listen to music. Yeah, you said it didn't work for you, but I generally listen to calmer music when I'm mad to, well, calm me down

- Work out. Do you have a sport? If not, join one. I personally swim. It just takes your mind off it. If not, lift weights, go for a jog, etc etc etc. One of the best stress relievers.

- Talk to someone. A friend, boy/girlfriend, family, etc. Whoever's willing to listen. Even a lot of the people on this forum would love to talk to you on AIM or MSN.

Screaming into a pillow, punching things...doesn't help, it'll just make you more angry later.

I get angry allot but Ive calmed down allot now, I find going fishing very relaxing being at home with nature, I gab my gear and my camera and of I go, sometimes i Just drive and see where i end up, when I was in my teens I would go around punching walls, thats all stopped now, getting out is a good idea and try and get a Friend to help you, long country walks is very therapeutic as well.

P.S the only thing that winds me up now is COMPUTERS:)

same here! ya cant beat a good afternoons fishing to calm you down.. ive got a nice little lake a few mins walk from me, just grab a couple cans of beer and go down the lake for a while :) nice and relaxing after work..

either that, or i find just going out with the dog and walking for hours calms me down.. she needs the walks, and i need the fresh air..

Back
Top Bottom