Where Ive been the past week...

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Ive recently been on a gliding course for a week, which has been great fun. All in all there was 10 cadets all of which were competing for a gliding scholarship. If awarded this the cadet will have the oppurtunity to be trained up to solo standard for free.

First you have to qualify by sending in a succsesful application. Once this is done you have to show dedication, teamwork, flying skill etc to gain a place fit for the scholarship.

After a week of getting thrown in to the sky, thrashing land rovers round and airfield and dragging my arse out of bed at 0730 every morning the day came when the annouced the winner.

I had just finshed flying and was towing glider back to the hanger. Of course like any other day I was covered in oil and grass stains. I got called into the club house and there were over 30 people all drinkning wine. Even the mayor of stafford was there. I was in a state of shock because I looked so bad and then they went into explaining what we had done over the week.

The he said " So this year we have decided to award the scholarship to............Andrew!"

So soon Ill start flying solo! What ive always wanted :D

99nasha said:
Ive recently been on a gliding course for a week, which has been great fun. All in all there was 10 cadets all of which were competing for a gliding scholarship. If awarded this the cadet will have the oppurtunity to be trained up to solo standard for free.

First you have to qualify by sending in a succsesful application. Once this is done you have to show dedication, teamwork, flying skill etc to gain a place fit for the scholarship.

After a week of getting thrown in to the sky, thrashing land rovers round and airfield and dragging my arse out of bed at 0730 every morning the day came when the annouced the winner.

I had just finshed flying and was towing glider back to the hanger. Of course like any other day I was covered in oil and grass stains. I got called into the club house and there were over 30 people all drinkning wine. Even the mayor of stafford was there. I was in a state of shock because I looked so bad and then they went into explaining what we had done over the week.

The he said " So this year we have decided to award the scholarship to............Andrew!"

So soon Ill start flying solo! What ive always wanted :D

Cool..

I know how good you feel. This year I am a freshman and I am playing on the Varsity soccer team, only kid from freshman, OR the JV team to get moved up:)

I know how you feel or maybe I do in biology I was top of the entire county. ranked pretty high state wise. I beeat out even the so called "gifted" kids in biology. Thing is I didn't really work for it much. But sure felt good.

wow...im surrounded by high acheivers!! lol for some reason i get pretty good grades in math...and my teachers threatend me w/ my life if i didn't take all advanced courses this year...sheesh...here comes the home work :(

Very cool Nasha! Did wonder where you were :p

Haha! Maths rules Kalgatha, you should take Advanced Classes!

How can you be rated top in the country, and only pretty high statewise? :D Probably just a typing mistake - very cool!

Can't admit to anything amazing myself... got 94% in my GCSE Maths test... dropped out of College earlier this year... going to University in 2007 :p

The full and up and down life of Lord Kalthorn :D

Back
Top Bottom