Where is the Demand the highest?

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Networking, Programming? Repair? What is most demanded these days. I know Repair isnt too high, I don't think atleast. You know I don't want to enter a field with knowledge, that noones is really in the demand for.

AmericanSensei

I'm guessing programming as first followed abit by networking as more and more coputers need to communicate toeach other.

Repair is a big market, But the return is sometimes the opposite, Programming is now a much smaller market but the return is maximum however its like any bussiness your not guarenteed a number of customers, You may not get none for weeks or months.
Regards

Repair. There are soooo many people out there that have no clue what they are doing. And computers will be always breaking down because of viruses, adware, worms and so on...
There is a lot of help on the internet such as this forum. But people dont have time.

As a long time tech person who has watched this swing in every direction possible, my 2 cents :

In the business world it will be VOIP and Networking, and Web Hosting. Networking is #1 and VOIP is giving it a hard run for its money. InternetII will break open within the next year or so and when it does this is the field to be in. Businesses will expand exponentually and voice communication will sky rocket within the business world. China is opening up and will cause a major influx in business opportunities over seas. Corporations will demand instant communication so as to maintain complete control for market analysis.
And web design will take off as more and more people become more familiar with the computer.Online businesses will flurish and then peak in 2 to 3 years as the X generation comes to maturity and the new graduates that will be younger and smarter will have a strong foot hold straight from school within the technological aspects of fortune 500 companies becomeing more demanding of their employees to compete in a true world market.

wiktorek01 said:
nice, thanks for the info lurkswithin :)

Thank you.. But it is just my own thinking! and like anything in this market. A new something may be out tommorow and turn it all around in another direction. But with the newerDDR2 memory allowing ungodly amounts, This is going to also open the door for even faster proccessing and a newer technology that will allow a person to really be able to carry the world in his hands. Voice communication will jump because of the new memory standards and things will now really, really, really get smaller and more powerful at the same time. CPU voltages are already dropping and the proccessing is speeding up and at the same time the heat issues are becomeing basically non existant.

Well you've been in this business for a long time and I see what you mean. I'm only 15 so I have much to learn, and to predict the future of computing you need to know the history and how it is developping.

We youngests are a business man that I know (owns several chains of a restearturant, and a computer repair shop) said you youngesters are the ones you will see the computer world explode to the full potential because I was 32 when computers came out (PCS) and you weere BORN in the computer age. So I figure in 10 years DSL will be absoulet and be replaced (just watch) 7.0 GHz will be the norm with 5 GIGS of RAm. And i'd say repeair would the easiester. Most poeple learn a lot and in a couple years could go into repair wihtout much training. Networking is becoming dummy proof. Software will always take skill, and knownledge.

Back
Top Bottom