Whenever you post a new thread, or just post in general...

its not a language, its jargon, I think it originated from Hackers trying to not get their messages caught on search engines, I could be mistaken though. Thats how I heard it

but 1337 is where you replaces letters for different characters 1 = l, 3 = E, 4 = A, 5 = S and so on

Its called 1337 speak, used to be called 31337 speek, but 1337 sounded cooler, and ofcourse it means elite speak

Feircepc said:
lol its just lazy typing lol. i hate typing.
A friendly comment: you must have known when you joined CF, that it would entail typing, as will a lot of jobs that you'll be applying for, why not invest in a course of typing, once you get into it, you'll be fine!, it becomes addictive, believe me.

Paradox said:
\/\/311 \/\/847 4B0|_|7 1337 5|*34|<?

Lol Oddly enough I can read those kind of posts fluently XP Dont know about anyone else

(Obviously a joke, If we were to have 1337 speak on the boards that would be chaos..)

Oh Oh! We should have a forum of 1337! And thats all you post in! and you can actually have conversations and games where you see how hard you can make it on someone to read =D lol

Then the posters can typo to their hearts content and We wont make fun of them because it looks like theyre supposed to be typing that way XP
Don't you dare!!! [lol]
dont.gif

mark thorpe said:
so being bad at english means you have to put u instead of you, or 2 instead of two, and other stupid things like that... i swear, a 2 year old is more literate than some people on here..... it just gets very annoying when you have to spend ages translating what people are trying to say....
I totally agree Mark.

Lol, i wouldn't mind enforcing some proper english :)
Just looks better and ever since i stoped using netiquette ... i have been a better typer, no longer using those short words and it improves your vocabular and general english ;)

malbuc87uk said:
Why don't you just issue bans for crap English?
Blimey, I often get accused of being harsh, but!!!!!,......... I'd spend 90% of my time banning if I did that!

I agree 100% with this thread. I'm tired of reading posts with stuff like "I dun no wat 2 do"
That kind of typing makes my brain hurt

Back
Top Bottom