When there is a will there is a way :D

Calibound88

Daemon Poster
so, i had an extra 120 fan laying around

My case is nice and cheap and has pretty poor air conduction

It looks something like this, but not that particular case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147109

So i spent a couple minutes popping out the front plastic panels. So I basically had a nice gaping square hole in the front of my computer

Then I placed the fan into the optical drive bay

I spent an hour trying to tape it...glue it...ect. Yea i failed.

Then I got some zip ties and looped them through the screw holes. I taped the zip ties to the inside of the case.

It works like a charm now :D

Idle temps for cpu and gpu before I did this was 41 and 62.

now its 37 and 57.

Just thought i share this with you guys b/c it brought back the excitement of when I built my first computer....and pretty much represents the whole purpose of this forums, getting stuff to work.

I love ghetto mods, and having it work out.

Awesome idea, I am going to do that tomorrow now haha :D

I just got done mounting the fan in, and I must say iI did a bad job haha. It works great but looks bad. Oh well

Zip Ties are the best invention ever, lol. I used to have an old computer about 4 years back- HP Pavillion 5000 dektop. cheap little 110W power supply died and I had an old 200W one sittin around. Go to pop it in, and its too big to fit. Run down to the hardware store, buy a pack of zip ties, and do the exact same thing as you-- mount the PSU on the outside of the case, tie it through the screw holes :D

looked ugly but it worked. I used to have a picture somewhere, I'll see if I can find it later.

Lol.. If it works, sweet deal. I love zip ties xD
I usually have two in my wallet in case of a zip-tie-emergency. haha

Hahaha thats a great idea, but when have you had to pull them out and use them?

Hahaha thats a great idea, but when have you had to pull them out and use them?

I have had a key ring break a few times, they make a great temporary key chain.

I have had a few IT people laugh when I'm helping them with something and they need to hide wires.. and out of no where I pull out zip ties.

haha nice

I have a few glass bottles of cokes in my room and they are warm so I put them over my vent and when I came back they were all nice and cold haha. I hope the air stays on for awhile to keep my cokes cooled.

Back
Top Bottom