Whats your pc boot time ?

I'm not sure of the boot time, but I'm guessing somewhere around 30 seconds for my desktop. I leave my notebook in hibernation and restart it about once a week, because it's got a slower boot time with the 4200rpm drive I just don't like shutting it down everyday.

Um, why switch the monitor off? I've always left it on all day most days for two years now, I know TFT screens wear out eventually, but it's going well, anyway I can get a discounted one for around £170.
Why waste your screen's life?? £170 isn't exactly pocket change...

Anyway, mostly to conserve electricity. The thing is just sucking up your power, and adding to your electric bill.

Anyway, mostly to conserve electricity. The thing is just sucking up your power, and adding to your electric bill.

I probably should turn off my monitors on my desktop, but I am too lazy to worry about it. I do turn off the power strip in my bedroom that is connected to the TV, other related stuff, and my notebook, when I go to bed, mostly because I hate the glow of the VCR and the blinking light of the surround sound... I never turn off my power strips in my PC room unless we are going on a trip or something.

Um, why switch the monitor off? I've always left it on all day most days for two years now, I know TFT screens wear out eventually, but it's going well, anyway I can get a discounted one for around £170.
Think of the electricity you would save if you turned it off when you werent using it.:)

I usually put my laptop into standby/sleep mode when I'm not using it... or if it's downloading something I just let it turn off it's own monitor after 5 minutes or so.

i like utorrent because i can set it to hibernate my laptop when downloads are complete. comes in handy. although i can risk it without a charger for 3 hours and pray it downloads before it dies ( usually works)or i can shove the charger in for bigger files ( still a waste of a power though)

i like utorrent because i can set it to hibernate my laptop when downloads are complete. comes in handy. although i can risk it without a charger for 3 hours and pray it downloads before it dies ( usually works)or i can shove the charger in for bigger files ( still a waste of a power though)
Mine stays plugged in whether it's on or off. :/

lol why? i find its a waste of electricity, the wire gets in the way, and my laptop just gets real hot. i need to give it a break :)

Back
Top Bottom