Whats your Hobby?

Oh my god. You were made to ride a recumbent.

Make sure to attach the largest possible POW/MIA flag for added esotericism (and aerobraking advantage.)

Last edited:
Mine used to be playing guitar and I played a lot. As age and disability get the best of me I put it up. What I really liked to do was to work on guitars. Upgrades, repairs and set ups.

I liked to get beaters and make players out of them. Fret leveling is most common and some rewiring too. Sold them to recover the money put into them. Made a lot of kids happy, especially the one with an SX Mockingbird copy. He loved that thing.

Right now I have a Parker guitar and a Vox VT40+ I haven't played much with. Trying to sell them for quite a while.

Now I've been into shooting for quite a while. I have a Glock G29 10mm pistol with a 40sw, extended 10mm and a 9x25 Dillon barrels for it. It cost a bit to shoot so I got a pellet pistol to shoot in my back yard.

My hobbies is a little bit of everything and I like to do a lot be it reading, browsing in stores and whatever catches my fancy at the moment. A while ago I got into knife collecting and I got two boxes full of knives that I need to stop collecting.

The last knife I bought is the Italian Stiletto auto for $70.

That's right. The Bikes are Cafe 8 from Motobecane, and the hubs are Rohloff 14 speed internal gear drive.
The oldest bikes were the high wheelers and were direct drive. Well unless you consider the Draisienne a bicycle. Some do, some don't. I did use it's idea to teach my kids to ride without training wheels though. I removed the pedals and let them use them like the Draisienne running machine. After they learned to balance and steer, I put the pedals back on and they were riding in one day.

That's right. The Bikes are Cafe 8 from Motobecane, and the hubs are Rohloff 14 speed internal gear drive.

Interesting. You equipped Bikesdirect bikes with Rohloff hubs? I absolutely *need* a photograph of this setup.

The oldest bikes were the high wheelers and were direct drive. Well unless you consider the Draisienne a bicycle.
Between the Dandy Horse (or Draisienne, were we to use the French name) and the penny-farthing was actually another form of bicycle colloquially referred to as the "boneshaker." It featured wooden wheels and direct-drive. As I said, it depends on your definition of "old-time;" I wasn't implying that bicycles always were available with multiple gear ratios.

Some do, some don't. I did use it's idea to teach my kids to ride without training wheels though. I removed the pedals and let them use them like the Draisienne running machine. After they learned to balance and steer, I put the pedals back on and they were riding in one day.
This is actually a common technique. For some reason, which I have yet to figure out, companies have started selling dedicated "push bikes." The approach of purchasing a regular bike and removing the crankset is certainly a superior one though, as it doesn't necessitate a second purchase. Then again, the average American nowadays is so technically inept, they would probably never think of such a solution unless it were prepackaged and sold to them as a product.

Last edited:
Mine used to be playing guitar and I played a lot. As age and disability get the best of me I put it up. What I really liked to do was to work on guitars. Upgrades, repairs and set ups.

I liked to get beaters and make players out of them. Fret leveling is most common and some rewiring too. Sold them to recover the money put into them. Made a lot of kids happy, especially the one with an SX Mockingbird copy. He loved that thing.

Right now I have a Parker guitar and a Vox VT40+ I haven't played much with. Trying to sell them for quite a while.

Now I've been into shooting for quite a while. I have a Glock G29 10mm pistol with a 40sw, extended 10mm and a 9x25 Dillon barrels for it. It cost a bit to shoot so I got a pellet pistol to shoot in my back yard.

My hobbies is a little bit of everything and I like to do a lot be it reading, browsing in stores and whatever catches my fancy at the moment. A while ago I got into knife collecting and I got two boxes full of knives that I need to stop collecting.

The last knife I bought is the Italian Stiletto auto for $70.

My first guitar was a (Oct) 1964 Fender Mustang in Blue.
My wife has a 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang. Funny how life works.

Back
Top Bottom