Whats worse

well i'll start my comment on this by first mentioning that i am giving root a rep point because just about everything he said seems to fall into the right lines here and has basically the same thoughts and beliefs i do in this. *rep point for root*

Also i rep point for americansensai because he seems to be the first 2 point out any facts, rather it was supporting eather drug, he still gave facts one way or another *rep point for root*

lhuser in the near beginning you mentioned that you believed that all drugs were illegal as this quote says:

lhuser said:
Well, any drugs in Quebec is illegal, as far as I remember.

Drugs are defined as a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body. So basically i don't believe any drug is considered illegal. I don't mean to be offending in any way i just want to point it out.

Here is dictionary.com's list of different definitions:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/drug

The definition i mentioned above is in there. Virginia DMV said a drug is a substance that effects your body through a chemical reaction, in slightly different words but said the same thing, i can't get a source for that 1.

I think people need to post facts and list their sources. This right now is just a opinionated(sp?) arguement. It could be considered a debate but a "obsolete" on at best. As i use dictionary.com again for my source:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/debate

Most of the definitons there list that a debate is a formal discussion or arguement. I don't believe this is very formal or clam at all even though that is my opinion, i feel it is reasonable, nor do i say it in a hightened or agressive tone. This is getting out of hand just as many of our "debates" go.

I would really like to see facts and sources posted here instead of just opinions.

I now close my post in a hopefully non offending way :)

-MooseMan

EDIT: I wont be posting my opinion outright on which i thing is worse until this "debate" gets it's act together, or else my post would be a waist of my time/effort. also please excuse me for any spelling errors in this post

You can't give an ultimatum, I've Seen the affects of both, I dont give two sh*ts about statistics. You abuse it, It hurts you.

People dont seem to understand that. They can both harm you, simple as that. Why must we keep talking about a subject that has such a simple resolution.

Haha, I guess, but then that leaves one question, which I'm sure we probably know.

Which is the least damaging with regular but under the guidelines use (This can't really be said for weed though), which answers the question.

Paradox said:
You can't give an ultimatum, I've Seen the affects of both, I dont give two sh*ts about statistics. You abuse it, It hurts you.

People dont seem to understand that. They can both harm you, simple as that. Why must we keep talking about a subject that has such a simple resolution.

Yes weed does hurt you and causes the wide varitey of problems that we have discussed here. It impairs judgement, motor skills, memory and it also causes people to be "perma-fried".

I used to do weed for 2 years, and I can give you stories involving all of the bad side effects.

Please note the begining of scarasm.

Nah, drinking heavy does harm your body! I NEVER KNEW IT!

Smoking weed every day for teh next 10 years will damage my lungs!

I NEVER KNEW THAT!

pplease note end of scarasm.

You know what also hurts you
Not eating right
Spending too much time on the PC
Lifting weights wrong
Getting into fights
Not doing your homework
Sucking on a lizard until it turns white (my friend did that once when he was 3 thing still lived too)
Swallowing things not meant to be swallowed IE, coins, paper, money etc etc we've all done it.
Playing with fire
Speeding
Ignoring the traffic laws
Heck even driving

Does that mean we don't do them?

If your 100% safe person, that never takes risk then I perfer not to know you.

Studies have shown that moderate use or Alcohol and Weed (not combined) can offset its negative side affects and improve some things such as
Thinner of the blood, (red wine)
A few things beer does for you as well
Stress release (don't give me this crap out about "But you shouldn't need drugs to relieve stress" I got all of that in DARE) if smoking a joint on a friday night after a rough week of work clams you down, then HEY GREAT! As long as it doesn't become a problem hey great. Or if going to the bar drinking a few pints, and having a few shots and walking home after a few games of darts and pool clams you down great.

If you really want me to pull up the facts on the health benefits of weed, and alcohol I will find the time to do the google.

I however believe that alcohol has far fewer risks then weed. Mainly because well you can't die from smoking too many joints in one night. But give anyone on this baord with enough alcohol and within a hour they could be dieing.

Nik00117 said:
Please note the begining of scarasm.

Nah, drinking heavy does harm your body! I NEVER KNEW IT!

Smoking weed every day for teh next 10 years will damage my lungs!

I NEVER KNEW THAT!

pplease note end of scarasm.

You know what also hurts you
Not eating right
Spending too much time on the PC
Lifting weights wrong
Getting into fights
Not doing your homework
Sucking on a lizard until it turns white (my friend did that once when he was 3 thing still lived too)
Swallowing things not meant to be swallowed IE, coins, paper, money etc etc we've all done it.
Playing with fire
Speeding
Ignoring the traffic laws
Heck even driving

Does that mean we don't do them?

If your 100% safe person, that never takes risk then I perfer not to know you.

Studies have shown that moderate use or Alcohol and Weed (not combined) can offset its negative side affects and improve some things such as
Thinner of the blood, (red wine)
A few things beer does for you as well
Stress release (don't give me this crap out about "But you shouldn't need drugs to relieve stress" I got all of that in DARE) if smoking a joint on a friday night after a rough week of work clams you down, then HEY GREAT! As long as it doesn't become a problem hey great. Or if going to the bar drinking a few pints, and having a few shots and walking home after a few games of darts and pool clams you down great.

If you really want me to pull up the facts on the health benefits of weed, and alcohol I will find the time to do the google.

I however believe that alcohol has far fewer risks then weed. Mainly because well you can't die from smoking too many joints in one night. But give anyone on this baord with enough alcohol and within a hour they could be dieing.

If you drink too many Red Bulls it can kill you. I can care less on the fact "No matter the amount of joints I smoke I won't die in a night", to whereas You can kill yourself in an evening with too much alcohol.

BUT...

ITS BESIDES THE POINT.

Weed can kill you 2 ways: It being a gateway drug into more hard stuff that can kill you in an evening, OR "Later on" finding out you have cancer.

Alcohol not abused is harmless. Marijuana smoked once week, CAN kill you over time.

Seriously Nik, Please tell me what is being debated and argued here?

If i ever get really drunk again and nobody is around me that will help me, im going to get aids.

Another way drinking can kill.

Drinking and smoking is taking 'unneeded risks', nik.

This is childish... You cant ignore the facts.

I'll point out a few facts.

Marijuana is psychoactive because it stimulates certain brain receptors, but it does not produce toxins that kill them (like alcohol), and it does not wear them out as other drugs may. There is no evidence that marijuana use causes brain damage. Studies performed on actual human populations will confirm these results, even for chronic marijuana users (up to 18 joints per day) after many years of use.

Thats good news

n reality, marijuana has the effect of slightly increasing alpha-wave activity in your brain. Alpha waves are generally associated with meditative and relaxed states, which are, in turn, often associated with human creativity.

Same as that.

Marijuana use has not been found to act as a gateway drug to the use of harder drugs. Studies show that when the Dutch partially legalized marijuana in the 70's, heroin and cocaine use substantially declined, despite a slight increase in marijuana use.

Weird to think, after legalization the use of harder drugs WHICH ARE ILLEGAL went down. OMG IDK maybe the legalization and stuff had a affect? But heh i'll let you decide.

http://www.mapinc.org/newstcl/v05/n1731/a05.html

http://www.mapinc.org/newstcl/v05/n1731/a05.html

One interseting point is that for me to die from smoking too much weed in one night (IE ODing) i'd need to smoke 40,000 times more in one night then I do to get stoned.

I'll dare anyone in here to do 1/2 of that.

In a chat room the talk had turned sexual and a person was offended by iti becuase he didn't want to hear it. So I said Just because you pretend that it doesn't exist doesn't mean that its not there.

The use of Alcohol goes back prob to the stoneage when man left some corp he had gathered outside, it rained, and rotted the guy tasted the liqour and noticed that he was more relaxed he then figured out how to duplicate the result.

Weed is the same, prob somtime in the stoneage a guy was walking along picked up this plant and tossed it in his fire to get warm. But it resulted in him getting hihg.

THe most interseting result that use of alcohol, and harder drugs tends to decline when weed is legalized.

Gee I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that weed was made legal.

Also the overcrowding in jail, we could free up 25% of the space in Jail with legalization of weed. I read a figure somewhere that said 25% of popele in jail are in for non-violent use of majurina related offesenses only.

Back
Top Bottom