Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #41
Golden Master

Default Re: Whats worse

They're the same if you ask me..I do both, so doesnt matter, but I prefer drinking over weed..And I dont smoke, or drink on a extreme, once a month or so..Dont see whats bad about that..

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #42
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
I could find an identical list for alcohol. Marijuana doesn't contain nicotine, so don't even try to relate it to tobacco.
Go for it, but that is COMPLETELY besides the point..Ok Great, You found a list on Alcohol too..All that proves is they BOTH are DEADLY and can be abused.

Read this one again...Ok..No nicotine..Big deal, Only leaves 399 chemicals left.

Marijuana contains more than 400 chemicals, including most of the harmful substances found in tobacco smoke. Smoking one marijuana cigarette deposits about four times more tar into the lungs than a filtered tobacco cigarette.

AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #43
Daemon Poster

But Seriously, Where are we going with this..That last thread had to be killed because its a neverending and pointless debate.

If were comparing alcohol and marijuana in reference to the amount those of you on this board who do consume, Marijuana is going to kill you first..

You guys state you smoke it in very light and rare cases..Ok..Lets just hypothetically say I drink alcohol in light and rare cases, You are going to experience by far more health related issues and death before myself.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #44
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
Marijuana doesn't contain nicotine, so don't even try to relate it to tobacco.

all right, so you're saying that marijuana can't be related to tobacco because it doesn't contain nicotine? you're out of your mind...oh no, you're probly high

what about asthma? bronchitis? emphysema? heart disease?, and especially lung cancer?

so weed doesn't have all the crap that cigarettes have..it's still smoking

weed smoke contains many of the respiratory irritants found in cigarette smoke like carbon monoxide....and tar...over 50% more than a ordinary cigarette that'll stick to your bronchi causing cancer tumours and god knows what else..keep smoking and you'll have your lungs looking like a chimney

pfffttt....
and you thought all the " herbs" and natural crap is good for you? herbicides, especially one called "paraquat," can damage the lungs, heart, kidneys, adrenal glands, muscles, spleen and cerebral cortex... that's the 'thinking' part of the brain that obviously doesn't work for you whenever you pick up that joint
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #45
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Umm, were you trying to reply to my post, or were you alterago-ing your own post.
I'd go with the legal stuff --- alcohol.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #46
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Alcohol in my mind is far worse then weed in every aspect. It said every other day for a year.

Its intesreting to note, my health teacher told me 70% of teens try weed, on avg about 5% go on to harder drugs.

So 5% of 70% of teh class isn't a big number in a class of a 100 thats 3 maybe 4 poeple. So weed can truly be called a gateway drug if only 5% go to harder drugs.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #47
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Alcohol in my mind is far worse then weed in every aspect. It said every other day for a year.

Its intesreting to note, my health teacher told me 70% of teens try weed, on avg about 5% go on to harder drugs.

So 5% of 70% of teh class isn't a big number in a class of a 100 thats 3 maybe 4 poeple. So weed can truly be called a gateway drug if only 5% go to harder drugs.
It all depends on how much you (alcohol) drink (weed) smoke...but at least alcohol is legal.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #48
Daemon Poster

What are we arguing here.

Marijuana is JUST AS if not MORE dangerous than Alcohol, No if ands or buts about it. I'm beginning to feel this is an endless argument because some of which that are here, are "defending" Marijuana because they consume it.

It's illegal for a reason.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #49
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Brain cell damage is not reveresable. HOWEVER ALCOHOL does just as much damage to the brain as weed.
brain damage IS reversable, hence the word damage, the brain cells heal after awhile

alcohol KILLS brain cells, which obvisously isnt reversable

KILL vs DAMAGE are different, and weed damages brain cells

also: people are talking about how weed is a gateway drug.A lot of people say marijuana is a gateway drug because harder drug users started with marijuana. Marijuana is the most widely used drug (because itís safe), so of course anyone who does harder drug started with marijuana. It is easy to see why marijuana is perceived as a gateway drug, but its not what it seems.

and btw im not just saying this because im a user, because i dont smoke weed anymore. im just still not against it
Old 07-16-2006, 07:15 PM   #50
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Marijuana is the most widely used drug (because itís safe)

GJSJJAHLKAHLKJHA

IT'S NOT SAFE!!!!

joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote