What's the stupidest question you were ever asked?

Must have been an interesting conversation for that question to be asked.

Maybe she is shopping... :rolleyes:

I always thought the stupidest question was "are you awake?"

Make that circumcised.
:trash:

The original would have been a more stupid question ;)

One that sticks out for me has to be "why does the kettle I've bought not have a plug that fits in the socket?"

Doesn't sound like a stupid question, until you look at the plug and realise it's just got one of the plug protectors over it that needs to be removed...!

The original would have been a more stupid question ;)

One that sticks out for me has to be "why does the kettle I've bought not have a plug that fits in the socket?"

Doesn't sound like a stupid question, until you look at the plug and realise it's just got one of the plug protectors over it that needs to be removed...!

You're right. I try to be accurate. My answer to her that it was none of her business to which she responded that's the right answer.

At a function this woman asked me around other people "Are you circumscribed?!"

Make that circumcised.
:trash:

Hah. I've been asked that before too. Usually accompanied by many other, always wildly inappropriate things. It's as if everyone goes full retard when they realize I'm transgender. I get being curious, but people seem to think it's my duty to answer whatever random questions they come up with, no matter how offensive.

As far as the stupidest thing I've ever been asked... I don't even know. The first thing that comes to mind is my father repeatedly asking me if I was raped, then completely rejecting my answer and eventually demanding that my therapist hand over my file to him. I'm sure I've been asked things that were stupider, but that one stands out because it was repeated so many times over so long.

This one probably fits the theme of this thread better. Every time I use my view cameras in public, people will come and ask me how many megapixels they have. When I say it's film, they'll act all confused and repeat the question. Apparently he majority of people have either forgotten about film or are under the impression that it no longer exists. The worst offenders will ask me how old the camera is first, then start asking about pixel counts. Apparently digital cameras existed in the 1940s. Who knew?

edit: for those who don't know, I mean a camera like this mounted on a tripod.

IMG_20120403_150947.jpg

Last edited:
The one that sticks out most in my mind is easily this one:

"What's the stupidest question you were ever asked?"

;)

No really though... I try not to laugh too much or document dumb questions. In reality, to someone else, I'm an idiot. I'm the type of guy that was overclocking AMD Athlon's (AXIA Stepping) with a #2 pencil, but for the life of me cannot change the oil in my car. Nobody can really understand 'everything', so everyone is going to ask a stupid question at some point in another persons point of view.

I do get called on a daily basis (even though I'm not a Help Desk guy anymore...) because "My OMS account is locked out!"... and every single time, I unlock their Active Directory account. See, because they connect to a terminal server to use OMS (Proprietary Program), that must mean that what they use to open the desktop window to launch OMS is their OMS account... cracks me up.

Nice camera, does it have red-eye correction?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom