What's everyones job?

Clutch said:
Yeah, that's the other thing that screws everyone up! People get out of college and have these huge student loans to pay back and they pay thill they are in their 60's+!! It's nuts! These people get out, but can't really move on!
So you have them in the States too, how many other countries have this system & are there any alternatives do you think?

I'm a Junior in high school. So far, I'm thinking of getting a job, saving enough money and traveling for a year or so. Then I might consider college. Heck, I even thought about joining the military. Who knows...

alvino said:
I'm a Junior in high school. So far, I'm thinking of getting a job, saving enough money and traveling for a year or so. Then I might consider college. Heck, I even thought about joining the military. Who knows...
Joining the military isn't a bad idea, I did a spell, but think it over very carefully friend, your future is very important, don't rush into anything you may regret later! :(

boardordi3 said:
haha, i dont got a job, dont really need one either
At 15, I wouldn't really worry, but a small part time job would help you develop & concentrate your mind for adulthood, it's never to early to do that, as I found out, plus you'd have some extra pocket money, you're very lucky, I never had the opportunity for further education, I left school at 14, which was normal then.

alvino said:
.... Heck, I even thought about joining the military. Who knows...
Brookfield said:
...... your future is very important, don't rush into anything you may regret later! :(
Sage advice, especially considering the run of "idiot" Presidents and idiotic foreign policy you guys seem to have been lumbered with lately.

Brookfield said:
Joining the military isn't a bad idea, I did a spell, but think it over very carefully friend, your future is very important, don't rush into anything you may regret later! :(

Yeah, I know. It was just a thought though.

I might just take online college courses, have a job and just live like I want to. I'm really considering just going on a roadtrip when I graduate and have fun for a bit.

alvino said:
I'm really considering just going on a roadtrip when I graduate and have fun for a bit.

Yeah I've been thinking about that too. Though I'd want a few good friends with me, everyone takes like around 700e and then just fly to somewhere in central europe, and then travel around without any special plans. Like if one morning we get an idea that it would be cool to go to Germany, then we go to Germany.

Apart from working an extremely temporary gig at Comet on the computer and video section I am unemployed. Hopefully I'll get Bar tending work soon though.

I don't work during the week because I'm still in year 10, but on the weekends I work in a knackery....lol great fun.

Back
Top Bottom