What's everyones job?

joxley1990 said:
Dont be daft.. just built my way up :D;

I was just busting chops. I'm happy for ya bro. I got a friend here who got a job at Dominos and he could have been an assiatant manager after a month. He couldn't take driving to peoples houses long enough. He is a fool.

mammikoura said:
Well IMO it's quite much easier. If I'd have instructions, I might be able to plumb a washing machine.
If I'd give a plumber my maths homework and the formula that he needs to calculate it, most likely he wouldn't know what to do. :)

Plumbing isn't extremely hard. It's quite a bit of common sense and a little bit of elbow grease. Just at cars aren't as difficult as they seem once you break it donw a little.

Clutch said:
I was just busting chops. I'm happy for ya bro. I got a friend here who got a job at Dominos and he could have been an assiatant manager after a month. He couldn't take driving to peoples houses long enough. He is a fool.

Plumbing isn't extremely hard. It's quite a bit of common sense and a little bit of elbow grease. Just at cars aren't as difficult as they seem once you break it donw a little.
Plumbers are top money. Because, they know what they are doing,
Computer speciailsists are, um, two a penny.
Unfortunately, people require plumbers more than thet do IT people.

The Sheep said:
Plumbers are top money. Because, they know what they are doing,
Computer speciailsists are, um, two a penny.
Unfortunately, people require plumbers more than thet do IT people.

Exactly why I am SOL!

When I was getting ready to graduate, EVERYONE and their cousin was going into IT and computer programming. By time I would have finished, The feild was littered with people willing to do the job for a fraction of what the "old dogs" were making. Same goes from my girl. She was doing website design and would have made money for a short time. Now you have all these sites dedicated to helping you make your own for free!!

Nursing is just finishing it's influx of workers, so the pay and raises will be slowing down a bit. X-ray and diagnostic imaging has a long wait, but as I understand, it's only do to lack of teachers.

The trade jobs are where it's at. My GF's dad works for the electric company (JCP&L, I believe) and is making a cool 100K a year with a little OT. Shoot! The man went to Texas for one month during Katrina and made $900 A DAY!! He was there for at least 30 days so he made $27,000 that month!!

EDIT: My step dad is a mail man. He works the distribution center in Monmouth County, NJ. He was bringing home between 75 and 100K depending on available OT and how he's doing. He has MS so he hasn't been able to work as much. Worse, he hates needles so shots are a royal B&%@# for the whole family and he's had to cut back cause the shots F%#@ him up more than the MS.

Clutch said:
...Plumbing isn't extremely hard. It's quite a bit of common sense and a little bit of elbow grease. Just at cars aren't as difficult as they seem once you break it donw a little.

I'm sure some us can say our parents are the same way with computers. We all have interests, and we tend to deviate twoards them, whether we are good at them or not. For example: I am very smart. Yet I often don't do my homework till the last minute, and I still pull of straight A's. Yet with computer, which I like more than school, and I do a much better job with them. Why? I like them better.

wood_workur said:
I'm sure some us can say our parents are the same way with computers. We all have interests, and we tend to deviate twoards them, whether we are good at them or not. For example: I am very smart. Yet I often don't do my homework till the last minute, and I still pull of straight A's. Yet with computer, which I like more than school, and I do a much better job with them. Why? I like them better.

Same here. I LOVE cars. Love working on them and the smell left on my dickies after a day under one. I have shitty days at my job where I'm just like "Fugg it! I wanna go home", but when I am working on cars, no matter how shitty my day is going, as long as I have music and the right parts, I'm having a good day!

IT Trainee working at the local arts and craft place updating their website, fixing computers, etc. I finish soon, and depending on how things go I'll be back here or start up my own computer business. Maybe a bit of both. On the weekends I just go out. I used to volunteer at the local radio station but gave that up. Might go back out there one day.

Other than that I workout when I feel like it, do stuff around the house, and write songs, with some tv and video games thrown in.

Edit: Probably starting a band soon too, not really a job, but still... Should be fun.

Back
Top Bottom