What's the best way to download videos of youtube?

alucard10

Baseband Member
What's the best way to download videos of youtube?

has anyone done this before with good quality video and sound?

I'v seen people write in the description of the videos they posted something like "copy this video and repost it before they ban it".

Is it easy to download/copy youtube videos?

I use Internet Download Manager for that and it works flawlessly and extra easily to download any quality available. The quality depends on the original upload.

There are some free download managers to do that, like EagleGet and some plugins like DownThemAll for Firefox, but I didn't find them as good as IDM, yet good enough, specially DTA for Firefox.

Thanks.

Follow up question.
I want to use this one old desktop computer (because i don't like to put too much new stuff on my newer computer),but on the old desktop computer the audio on youtube snap,crackles and pops so much.

If I dowload a youtube vid from the old desktop computer will the snap,crackle and pop be in the copy? Or will the copy play flawlessly?

I use YTD downloader free, it's free software and it does a pretty good job at saving Youtube video's. Also it automatically converts them to .MP4 format if you set it to.

Thanks.

Follow up question.
I want to use this one old desktop computer (because i don't like to put too much new stuff on my newer computer),but on the old desktop computer the audio on youtube snap,crackles and pops so much.

If I dowload a youtube vid from the old desktop computer will the snap,crackle and pop be in the copy? Or will the copy play flawlessly?

Probably not, because studder you're getting during playback is probably caused by issues with that PC. Either it's just too slow, needs a driver update, etc.

When you download the video it's being processed/encoded and the system doesn't have to be powerful enough to keep up in real time.

So you're saying the studder won't be built in to the new copy? and that it will play flawlessly?

P.S.
Once you download the video how do you watch it offline? on windows media player or something?

how easy is it to put videos on a flash drive? and watch them from a flash drive?

To watch the downloaded videos, you'll need players that support the specific formats of the files. Usually YTube, and other streaming services, use the formats .flv and .mp4 which are supported by known players like Media Player Classic and VLC.

Depending on the OS, external plugins could be required.

Gomplayer is free. I say again, FREE. It is a super cool media player that not only play videos but music as well.
Go here to get it: https://www.gomlab.com/ They do have a audio player but gomplayer does it also.
Go here to get a wide assortment of codecs to run along side any media player on your system: CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack (Don't be put off by the Russian theme. The letters for the codec pack happen to match how the Russians refer to themselves in the cold war days.) Use the default settings.

Did I say they are FREE?

Back
Top Bottom