Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: What are your views on Mercedes and BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
MB is falling in the reliability dept. My friend works as a mechanic and he's seeing A LOT of them come in with REALLY dumb problems. A lot of them come in with the same dumb problem too. I would prefer them over a BMW.

Hey alvino, whaddya think of these??

The quickest SUV.

And their Rally Car!
Those are hot cars man.....I'm a classic car kinda guy.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
MB is falling in the reliability dept. My friend works as a mechanic and he's seeing A LOT of them come in with REALLY dumb problems. A lot of them come in with the same dumb problem too. I would prefer them over a BMW.

Hey alvino, whaddya think of these??

The quickest SUV.

And their Rally Car!
nice cars! I like the old lamborghinis and ferraris I think those are some of their best cars. Don't get me wrong, I like the new ones but the older ones have that classic or sleek look to them that you just can't replace.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #23
Site Team

I think they are great cars yes and would consider them

The older 7 series are my favorite

Old 12-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

id get an older used bmw m3, i love those, for like 10 grand, not the newer ones, mercedes look ugly as hell, same wit new bmws, if you have the money... y not get the.........(drumroll) koenigsegg ccx(did i spell that wrong? lol) and.........the audi r8!!! that car pwnes all
audi r8(le mans quattro concept) koenigsegg ccr amazing car
Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #25
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

why wouldnt you want to have an expensive car?? there is nothing better than driving around in a sexy expensive car! the style...comfort...everything
Old 12-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

while I'm not the biggest BMW fan out there, I do like the higher end models such as the M5 and 7 series. I think the M5 is really cool!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #27
Golden Master

I was gassing up one day, the guy at the next pump had a mid-range BMW, I looked over & said nice car, he glanced at my 2.0 Passat same year, 2 year's old [I have 2.0 Audi A4 now] & said I'd rather have one of those, & he explained, heavy on fuel, spares expensive, & had to return it to the dealers 4 times in those 2 years for tracking, steering & other faults none really minor, Mercs, I salivate about them!, when I go back to where I bought both the Passat & the Audi, I linger by the Mercs, the sales guy I know came over & said watch, pressed a button, & what was an open car, became a steel-roofed saloon, I just stood there, my face hanging out, dribbling a little, it also had "soft-close" doors, trunk & hood, where they close, then draw in tight, without a sound, it was 58,000, around $112,000,....yeeehah!!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #28
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I was gassing up one day, the guy at the next pump had a mid-range BMW, I looked over & said nice car, he glanced at my 2.0 Passat same year, 2 year's old [I have 2.0 Audi A4 now] & said I'd rather have one of those, & he explained, heavy on fuel, spares expensive, & had to return it to the dealers 4 times in those 2 years for tracking, steering & other faults none really minor, Mercs, I salivate about them!, when I go back to where I bought both the Passat & the Audi, I linger by the Mercs, the sales guy I know came over & said watch, pressed a button, & what was an open car, became a steel-roofed saloon, I just stood there, my face hanging out, dribbling a little, it also had "soft-close" doors, trunk & hood, where they close, then draw in tight, without a sound, it was 58,000, around $112,000,....yeeehah!!
Audi's are nice cars. I liike the fact that they have all wheel drive, not sure if all of them do or not but I think they do. I also like how they have a wide price range, they have decent priced models all the way up to super pricey ones. I went to an autoshow two weeks back and they had some audi's there and I was amazed what one of them had, I think it was an S6 or something but it was like 100 thousand dollars USD, might have been the one you were talking about. It was really nice though, had everything you could ever dream of and more!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #29
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook
why wouldnt you want to have an expensive car?? there is nothing better than driving around in a sexy expensive car! the style...comfort...everything
Don't forget the pain and heartbreak when you get it scratched or into an accident. Or the bill from the mechanic.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #30
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
Audi's are nice cars. I liike the fact that they have all wheel drive, not sure if all of them do or not but I think they do. I also like how they have a wide price range, they have decent priced models all the way up to super pricey ones. I went to an autoshow two weeks back and they had some audi's there and I was amazed what one of them had, I think it was an S6 or something but it was like 100 thousand dollars USD, might have been the one you were talking about. It was really nice though, had everything you could ever dream of and more!
Mine, the 2005 model A4, is the highest of the mid-range at 19,500 [$37,400], they start with the A3, around 14,000 [$27,000] the 2006 model was re-vamped, slightly larger than mine, big increase, at 27,000 [$52,000], then they start going up steeper, all [4x4's,] starting at 44,000 [$85000], up to 54,000 [$104,000, expensive but I wouldn't buy anything else!
Um, unless they give them different designates where you are, the S6 is a Merc isn't it?....by the way d'you know why "Mercedes Benz"? Benz named them after his daughter, Mercedes.

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote