What are your religious views?

My faith is Christianity. I believe the Bible is 100% truth. That Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins. That just accepting and truly believing in God is the one way to heaven.

If you are offended by my beliefs, I'm sorry... A lot of you seem to be totally against anything to do with Christianity. It's my faith and I am sticking it it.

That's good. Personally I don't believe in any of it, but I'm very tolerant to other religions and beliefs. You can believe in what you want, it's just the people who push their religion on others who piss me off.

I'm not terribly religious but I take the Bible simply as a collection of parables rather than 100% literate truth, therefore I generally try to follow the moral guidelines set forth because they make sense.

I don't go around thumping the bible and questioning others' beliefs though, that's not my place.

But I would like to point out that people saying that ID is a flawed theory is as hilarious to me as the idea that all the matter in the universe came from a tiny ball of nothing that exploded into thousands of galaxies or whatever. Neither is better than the other.

The difference is, one of those theories is backed up by mountains of evidence, the other doesn't even have a single peer-reviewed paper behind it. Can you guess which goes where?

And your explanation of the Big Bang is a pathetic Straw Man. Go and research it before ridiculing it. No scientist has ever said nothing exploded to make the universe.

The difference is, one of those theories is backed up by mountains of evidence, the other doesn't even have a single peer-reviewed paper behind it. Can you guess which goes where?

And your explanation of the Big Bang is a pathetic Straw Man. Go and research it before ridiculing it. No scientist has ever said nothing exploded to make the universe.

Attack the argument not the person.

I'm calling that this thread will be locked within a few weeks if not a few days.

You told him "to go and research it before ridiculing it". I may be wrong, but I'd be offended by that. Maybe he already knows about and he's just making good use of a hyperbole.

I stand by my statement. Obviously scientific method is important in stuff like this, and ID can't really be tested... but there's a lot of holes in the BB theory as well. Some things are just past our level of comprehension.

I stand by my statement. Obviously scientific method is important in stuff like this, and ID can't really be tested... but there's a lot of holes in the BB theory as well. Some things are just past our level of comprehension.

Perfectly true, the Big Bang theory has got a lot of holes in it, and we may never know the truth. However, every scientific theory has holes. Science doesn't deal in absolute certainty, it gives us the best explanation of reality we can possible achieve.

And if ID can't be tested, it isn't science. You've just admitted that, so why do advocates persist that it is and want to teach it in science classes? Why can't they just admit it is creationism and keep it in theology lessons?

Where did I say it should be taught in school?

Basically what I wanted to get at in my statement is... at the end of the day, where did all the mass/energy come from? I don't know... There's a law of conservation for that. It boggles my mind and avoids explanation just like for everyone else.

Where did I say it should be taught in school?

Basically what I wanted to get at in my statement is... at the end of the day, where did all the mass/energy come from? I don't know... There's a law of conservation for that. It boggles my mind and avoids explanation just like for everyone else.

I didn't say you want it to be taught, but advocates do.

And trust me, the Big Bang doesn't break any scientific laws

Back
Top Bottom