Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #191
Fully Optimized

Default Re: What are your religious views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
Haha burn you post it note thief

I don't mean the actual items, I just mean that whether a person is stealing big things or small things it doesn't matter, when your stealing for the hell of it neither is worse than the other.
so if thats true, how are you judged?

there is no god. there is only a pope. the bible is not the words of God, but the words of the many people that contributed to it. this is what catholics base their religion on. pretty weird imo.

btw, since masturbation is a sin, do masturbating catholics confess every time they commited it?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #192
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
Haha burn you post it note thief

I don't mean the actual items, I just mean that whether a person is stealing big things or small things it doesn't matter, when your stealing for the hell of it neither is worse than the other.
I don't steal. I skillfully acquire.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #193
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Not stealing until your caught. :P
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #194
BSOD

my family history is muslim (the secular peaceful type), but i'm not into that. in fact, i dont do religion. i'm agnostic.

LOGIC & REASON FTW!
umakemebetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #195
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
then you sir, will be going to heaven if you are protestant since that is the way you interpret the human-written bible.

there is no god.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #196
Guru

Starting clean with an actual argument (not going to bring science in):

I think religion is a complicated matter. There are some things I do believe in. Karma. I also believe you have a soul (whether that be a religious thought or not). And I do believe this soul is in a cycle. It comes back after every life is lived. Now you may ask why. Well, sometimes I just get this feeling, like a gut feeling, that I know people. I mean like, if I see a stranger, I may get the feeling that I already know that person. Maybe not in this life, but in another. And while not being a believer in the Bible, sometimes I get the feeling that yes, there is a higher being. Other times I don't. It's really complicated. I can go weeks thinking all these beliefs of mine are bullcrap and just believe in the hard evidence of things (science), while at other times, such as now, I regain the faith in these beliefs. Ultimately, I think that a person will believe in God or whatever they believe in if their life and the situation they face facilitate that belief.

I know I have just contradicted my whole position in this thread. But like I stated above, it depends on the person's life and the situation they face.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:41 AM   #197
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to BamaFan2989

wow i have read like half of the thread, and i am already enjoying it. :]

its a great thing to talk about these things, so you can grow in this fun thing called life.

but, i am a blood bought child of god, because he is gracious and just and sent that ever satisfying sacrifice jesus christ.

i know some people (tim keller in particular) who would call people that don't believe in jesus christ's life and such "uneducated." a lot of scientific proof.

i don't have 100% proof that jesus lived. a lot of people who i know will tell me he did, and i agree with them. not too long ago, lots of records from that time. (actually still finding some today, like the dead sea scrolls and such).

i do believe though, because i have faith, and i understand i don't have to be 100% sure. but i sure believe he exists. i almost find it weird for people not to believe in a god.

i mean, i don't think that this stuff just happens by chance... i mean if everything including my emotions (love and such), my intellect, my morals, etc. are all just "chance" then what is the point of life?

love being important, morals, and such existing makes more sense with there being a god, then there not being a god.

you can say that not believing in a god takes just as much faith as believing in a god. not believing is just a shot in the dark.

but i need to get back to reading these posts.

(no harm meant anywhere in there, i really wouldn't try to offend anyone, and i shouldn't get offended :] happy posting)
BamaFan2989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #198
muz
Golden Master

I think a lot of people accept that there was a man called Jesus who lived and i accept this but i dont accept that any of the miracles that are written in the bible such as healing people or walking on water how they are portrayed in the bible
Old 07-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #199
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
I think a lot of people accept that there was a man called Jesus who lived and i accept this but i dont accept that any of the miracles that are written in the bible such as healing people or walking on water how they are portrayed in the bible
and so comes my favorite verse, Matthew 19:26 "......with God all things are possible"
so when you belive in God the word impossible does not exist
Old 07-18-2008, 05:35 AM   #200
muz
Golden Master

yes but i dont believe in God and believe that all the miracles that it is suggested Jesus carried out in the bible are scientifically impossible and i believe the rules of science over that of a religious book anyday