Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 AM   #91
Wizard of Wires

Default Re: What are your religious views?

George has done other things to earn that title. I just think the line has been stepped over that brought us here to begin with. Why go back to the same ways that drove us out of England? Our forefathers must be spinning in thier graves.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:25 AM   #92
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

We are not going back to the ways that "drove us out of England." Bush's Faith-Based Initiatives aren't even close to it. If you are afirad of that, then you should be doubly afraid to have Barack Obama as your next president as he wants to expand it.

But then, we are way off topic here.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 AM   #93
Wizard of Wires

I was making an observation of how religion is getting back in to politics.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:08 AM   #94
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getignited114 View Post
okay everyone lets belive in the BIG BANG THEORY yayyyyy come on kids lets make up some other stuff like the universe was created because there was somehow water in the middle of space therefore causing a chain reaction with the chemical's in space thus causing this whole UNIVERSE TO BE CREATED!!!!!! yayyyy..... not... what kinda person SERIOUSLY thinks that there was a big bang and we evolved from fishes to monkey's/ gorilla's what ever it is to human's, the DNA strand of a monkey is nowhere even near that of the human, same with the fish......
Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
from past experiences it seems only religious people get mad at people questioning their beliefs as they can provide no proof to back up what they believe in
^^^ point in case , when asked for evidence to back up their argument a religious person cannot provide this evidence and so proceeds to mock the beliefs of others even though there is scientific evidence to back it up

everyone here could be childish about this and mock each others beliefs in a very sarchastic manner as you just did
i mean i could be like that and completely mock the creationalist theory and i was so close to posting it but i thought no it wont get us anywhere this is a debate , if you cant handle people questioning your beliefs then please leave the thread
Old 07-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #95
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getignited114 View Post
According to the National Academy of Sciences:

"Some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature that is supported by many facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena."

Other theories:

Atomic theory
Germ theory
Sexual Reproduction theory
Theory of General Relativity
Quantum theory

You don't question them, do you?

In science theories are the highest form of truth, facts are the lowest. Theories explain and bind thousands and thousands of observable facts. And based on the successful predictions of Evolutionary Theory, it's true. You'd have to be stupid not to accept it.
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #96
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
^^^ point in case , when asked for evidence to back up their argument a religious person cannot provide this evidence and so proceeds to mock the beliefs of others even though there is scientific evidence to back it up

everyone here could be childish about this and mock each others beliefs in a very sarchastic manner as you just did
i mean i could be like that and completely mock the creationalist theory and i was so close to posting it but i thought no it wont get us anywhere this is a debate , if you cant handle people questioning your beliefs then please leave the thread

Yeah, science can be tested, whereas beliefs can't. Its what you beleive inside though that matters, as thats all any of us really have. If we believe in ourselves, even if it means believeing in something else that may or may not exist, then so be it.

But yeah, its funny you saying how crap of a story the big bang theory is when what your trying to believe seems even further away in scope to what humans can even think about.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #97
Fully Optimized

I personally believe that we evolved over a very long period.

What's your view on evolution?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #98
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
You get money from technology and you need science to advance in technology. So the root is science.
Not true. There was money before computers, or even paper bills were considered. I don't think the good ol' Romans had technology when they made their coins.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #99
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

technology is not considered computers... technology is anything that advances society.
Fire was once advanced technology technically.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #100
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Not true. There was money before computers, or even paper bills were considered. I don't think the good ol' Romans had technology when they made their coins.
Tell me this then: If we remove all that we have advanced through methods of science over the last 100 years. What do you think our economy would be based off? We would take days to do overseas trade, we would have no method of transportation but walking and boats. Communication would be a pain. We would most likely be trading items still. The economy, in another words, would be crap. Therefore I say, science runs the economy.

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote