What was your first PDA device?

strollin

Knowitall!
We all seem to have do-it-all smartphones nowadays but before there were smartphones there were PDAs. What was your first PDA?

Mine was the REX 6000. It was pretty good for it's day, extremely small and very easily tucked into pretty much any pocket.

I never had one. My first PDA was in the form of my first smart phone I got in 2010, that could be customizable.
All my other phones have been ones pretty much locked to do certain tasks.

With smartphones excluded.

• Franklin Roledex
  • Palm M125
  • Palm Zire 71
  • Tapwave Zodiac 1
  • Sharp Zaurus C-1000
  • Palm Tungsten T|3
  • Palm LifeDrive

that smasung thing, Y2J?>

Is that PDA? Well it was like the Itouch.. wouldn't say that old.. like 2years ago? maybe 3

My progression (excluding smart phones) went like this:

REX 6000
Palm Pilot (returned immediately because I didn't like it)
Sony CLIÉ Peg-SJ33
Sony CLIÉ Peg-NR70
Apple iTouch (returned immediately since it was useless as a PDA)
Nokia N800

I've only ever had 1 of what i would call a PDA which was a Dell Axim X50v which i still have somewhere but i've lost the strange connection to charge it, i could get another one but it just doesnt; strike me as useful anymore!!

I think i had one of the first smart phones which was a orange spv c500, a good while ago and for me was quiet a way ahead of it's time!

at the minute in work i deal with alot of PDA units that are quite old we've got HTC P6500 out in the field, Motorola ES400s and a coupel more Q Teks

Sony CLIÉ PEG-SJ20

Upgraded to a PEG-SJ30 after drowning the SJ20.

After a couple years, upgraded to a Palm T|X. I'm currently on my fourth or fifth T|X.

HTC Evo 4G.

It also lets me browse the internet and dial phone numbers and talk to people, but those features are so cliche these days.....

Not sure if Smartphones and PDA's are the same or not. PDA's were way before my time. That being said mine was a Blackberry Storm. I loved it to death (literally as I left it outside during a thunderstorm and it still worked after some rice-drying for about 2 months). 2nd device is a Droid Incredible and I'll never go back to a Blackberry.

The PDA evolved into the smart phone-- the Blackberry being a PDA that was also a phone.

Back
Top Bottom