What is your favourite word?

I have several new euphemisms to share:

automotive ballet— The often-complex process of shuffling cars within a home driveway, performed in order to free a trapped automobile. Commonly seen in American suburbs.

The Unified Forces of Islam— The unrealistically narrow view of Islam as a singular body, rather than a diverse spectrum of individuals with only one thing in common.

activities disruptive to homeostasis— Self-injurious behaviour

cornholder:

20150702_174735_resized.jpg

Last edited:
That... stopped abruptly at cornholder :p

It's unfortunate tho that Muslims are divided like crazy because of sectarianism and politics. Islam already says that Muslims are like a body, if one limb is hurt, all other limbs suffer with pain and lack of sleep. It is interesting how such a rule is working now after it was said ~1400 years ago.

Anyway, more engineers are resigning in the company. Some of them didn't get salaries for 13 months (11 for me :D). This is disgusting. Officials here claim they follow the teachings this counties was based on (the concerned one say "give the worker their dues before their sweat dries" which is a figure of speech but point is clear) and this happens. Bunch of hypocrites.

Is it true you have to pay 30% of your salary as a tax in USA? Does it apply for all cases?

That... stopped abruptly at cornholder :p

Did the image not display for you?

It's unfortunate tho that Muslims are divided like crazy because of sectarianism and politics. Islam already says that Muslims are like a body, if one limb is hurt, all other limbs suffer with pain and lack of sleep. It is interesting how such a rule is working now after it was said ~1400 years ago.
You will find that this is the case with all widespread religions. Christianity is equally divided. In this case, I was specifically referring to the tendency of some in the West to view all Moslems as supportive of various atrocities committed by select groups. At the exact same time, these people will often deny any connection to atrocities committed in the name of Christianity because "those people aren't actually Christians."

Anyway, more engineers are resigning in the company. Some of them didn't get salaries for 13 months (11 for me :D). This is disgusting. Officials here claim they follow the teachings this counties was based on (the concerned one say "give the worker their dues before their sweat dries" which is a figure of speech but point is clear) and this happens. Bunch of hypocrites.
Is there no legal recourse?

Is it true you have to pay 30% of your salary as a tax in USA? Does it apply for all cases?
Our tax system is complicated. The amount one pays varies based upon income and a number of other factors. Paying 30% or more is not at all uncommon, however.

Last edited:
We are ridiculously taxed to the max. Sales tax, Income tax, Excise tax, Gift tax, Gas tax, etc.

Our money are taxed before we get it and taxed every time we spend it.

Did the image not display for you?
Oops, this is the problem then. I didn't think the servers here at work blocked an image.

You will find that this is the case with all widespread religions. Christianity is equally divided. In this case, I was specifically referring to the tendency of some in the West to view all Moslems as supportive of various atrocities committed by select groups. At the exact same time, these people will often deny any connection to atrocities committed in the name of Christianity because "those people aren't actually Christians."
Good point for the first statement.
My take for the second is this: I'd give those people the benefit of the doubt really. They lived with Christians and know a big deal of them meeting so many members socializing with them so they know their different views and behaviors. As for that with Muslims, I don't think they know, fathom, experienced, etc. all of the above due to their lack of involvement with them. This is the hole that the media fills, and the media likes to report bad things more because it gets better views and ratings. I'm guessing you guys here (just to support my idea) don't have much contact with many Muslims other than me :D Oh, language barrier is another problem, I believe.

Is there no legal recourse?
There is, but corruption and irresponsibility is on the way. That's why I mentioned hypocrisy.

Our tax system is complicated. The amount one pays varies based upon income and a number of other factors. Paying 30% or more is not at all uncommon, however.
We are ridiculously taxed to the max. Sales tax, Income tax, Excise tax, Gift tax, Gas tax, etc.

Our money are taxed before we get it and taxed every time we spend it.

So it is not a fixed percentage of 30% for income, I see. I remember when I applied for a job in the US Embassy here, a candidate with a US passport talked about this and had a 30% predetermined cut for the tax even tho she lives here, but I guess this doesn't matter.

Well at least those taxes help with building public places. Here we don't have taxes (the part I like) so I think this is why we don't have more nice public places (the part I don't like). The vast majority of nice places here are commercial so not everyone can afford it. I dream of nice beaches and fishing places, and that's just one thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom