What Was Your Favourite Christmas Present?

My favorite present is my only present, but I'm perfectly happy with them. Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm.

IMG_3191.jpg

I don't like receiving presents. For me, I always find the joy in others at Christmastime. I didn't get much, as I was very insistent I didn't want anything. I got a $30 Caribou Coffee gift card from my Aunt/Uncle/Cousins. I got cash from my Grandma (who will be getting it back in some form because I don't like getting money from people who don't need to give it to me), and I'll get cash from my parents which I'm going to find a way to spend it on them somehow. From my parents I got a wonderful professional wine opener and cork stoppers/replacers, which is ironic because I got my mom an automatic wine opener and wine glasses--we didn't plan the wine theme. I also got my Grandma a wine opener set. (It's hilarious because it makes us seem like alcoholics, but we rarely drink!). My mom and myself got my dad (and partially me) a Canon Rebel T2i. That was the big expenditure this Christmas. Before Christmas, I went Black Friday crazy and got myself a few things on sale, so that's why I really didn't ask for anything, even though I did pay for it all myself. I got a new 23.6" ASUS LED monitor (which I then upgraded my parents with my old one--21.5" sammy, and my grandma with my parent's old one--19" sammy) and a new 42" Panasonic 1080p LCD TV because I game my Grandma my old 42" Samsung 720p Plasma. I also bought myself a new hard drive for my laptop because I was running out of space on my old one.

So really, this Christmas was more about giving. I plan to go through all of my "junk" (the things I have forgotten about, or don't need anymore) and get them organized to sell at our garage sale in the spring and/or give stuff to charity (along with the money I'll get in the spring). My plan this week is also to go through my things and write down the 100 things I need and cannot part with. From there--you guessed it--I'm going to try to get rid of everything else. I realized in the last couple of months, we all have way to much crap. Crap that is not filling our lives with anything meaningful. There's also some family back story to this that I don't want to get into, but at the end of the day there is one Bible verse that sums it up: "It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Now, if you aren't Christian, please don't misinterpret this as me saying "if you have money, you can't get into Heaven." That's not what it means at all. It's about choosing what you truly love over physical objects. Like they say, you can't take it with you when you die. So with that said, I hope you all had a blessed Christmas with family and friends and that enjoyed giving and the time spent with others more than you did receiving objects that will soon fade away.

My favorite present is my only present, but I'm perfectly happy with them. Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm.

I don't know how you can make headphones look cool.. but leave it to Cabbs to find a way.

Asus UL50 was for birthday/Christmas. Finally have a laptop I can put EVERYTHING of mine on. I've either had something that can't play games worth a crap and a tiny harddrive, crappy battery, blah blah. Now that I'm in college having everything in one spot is a very welcomed change.

ASUS%20UL50.jpg

My fav were Call of duty mw2 I know should of asked for black ops but asking someone to get me something that is worth 100 bucks is asking too much

Back
Top Bottom