What is your favourite word?

Word. :thumb:

No favorite word but my favorite phrase is the one I made up:

Out Of Many Wrongs Is One Right. :cool:

I don't have a favourite word, but my favourite phrase is: What it be like?

If you don't mind me asking: Other than the broken grammar, what is the significance of this phrase?

You are not the first person to tell me this. Is there some connotation that I am missing?

I always liked "syzygy" though.

That is an excellent word.

I suppose that I can ask a follow-up question, since two people have given phrases: Who has a favourite euphemism? I'm particularly interested in ones that have been independently coined. You can see mine by looking at my location in the left-hand bar.

You are not the first person to tell me this. Is there some connotation that I am missing?

That is an excellent word.

I suppose that I can ask a follow-up question, since two people have given phrases: Who has a favourite euphemism? I'm particularly interested in ones that have been independently coined. You can see mine by looking at my location in the left-hand bar.

Moist has been noted as being a very disliked word online, especially by women. Go figure.

Fave euphanism? Hmmm. I like and use several. I'm not going to buy a pig in a poke. I'm heading up the road a piece. There's more people in there than you could shake a stick at. He's as uptight as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

"Pig in a poke" is probably my favorite, though. It confuses the hell out of a lot of people.

Fave euphanism? Hmmm. I like and use several. I'm not going to buy a pig in a poke. I'm heading up the road a piece. There's more people in there than you could shake a stick at. He's as uptight as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

"Pig in a poke" is probably my favorite, though. It confuses the hell out of a lot of people.

I have no idea what any of these mean.*

For what it's worth, the word euphemism is defined as:

a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.
Phrases such as "passed away" or "put to sleep" are examples of euphemisms. What you shared are idioms. I suppose that is fine as well, though it isn't exactly what I was asking.

*edited to add: I realized what the cat one means. The rest remain a mystery to me. Please do explain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom