What are you going to do when you grow up?

After graduating from HS I will most likely join the Navy, either as an officer then become a helicopter pilot, or as an enlisted man and go into something like nuclear. The military is a good way to go as long as you don't get killed. If you make it a career then get out with a full government pension, and on top of that get a good salary with reenlistment bonuses and you technically don't need to buy food, or pay for shelter since you can always eat at a cafeteria, or live on base/ on a ship. Or wherever your stationed. And the classes you take while in the military count as college credit so you can get an associates through military classes, and when you get out you get college credits to use at a normal college.

After I graduate from HS I plan on going to a Community College for 2 years, then transfering to Auburn University where I want hope to get my degree in either Agriculture or Software Engineering, either way I still hope to run my own farm one day (instead of working on other people's haha). After I finish college there are several things I want to do, I want to do like my dad did and fight wildfires out west for a few seasons, I think that would be pretty cool, I also want to walk the Appalachian Trail and travel abroad.

After college I think I'd like to move off the farm and into the big city for a few years and get a job in a high rise office building doing computer work or something like that. Somewhere like New York city or California maybe.

But as long as I'm at home during HS and the 1-2 years I'm in a Community College I also plan on staying active in my community's volunteer fire department. I really enjoy doing that, I hope that maybe I can be chief someday:D

But I also know that no matter where on God's green earth I roam that my home will always be back on the family farm in Alabama, it's where I know I want to settle down and raise a family at. That's when I hope to have a farm my own so my kids can enjoy the same things I did as a kid, stuff like planting a garden, bottle feeding baby calves, or just to go fishing

Well i'll be 24 in a month so I guess i'm grown. I'm currently a Detail Mechanic for a Trucking company. Think I may go get my CDL so I can drive on the road just to bank some more money. Then go to a online school like Devry or Kaplan and get a Bach's degree in computer science or graphic design.

Back
Top Bottom