What Are You Currently Listening to?

You really don't want to open that can of worms. It will get ugly, feelings will be hurt. . . :rolleyes:

I'll open it right now. sure, there are a few bands out there more technically gifted, but I really think its hard to compete with their lyrical abilities, and their life stuff is great.

Well , you asked for it. They just outright suck ass. Anybody who truly likes dream theatre is either tone deaf or mentally incapacitated. The lead singer's lyrical abilities (or lack thereof) are on par with a squealing pig.

I'll open it right now. sure, there are a few bands out there more technically gifted, but I really think its hard to compete with their lyrical abilities, and their life stuff is great.

I disagree - I think it would be extremely hard to find a band that is more technically gifted than DT; just instrumentally alone.

As for the lyrical (although in all fairness, most of the lyrics are written by the rest of the band) and vocal abilities ... untouchable. Admittedly, the clean vocals might not be everyones "thing" but no-one can deny that his vocal range is fairly decent to say the least. I think quite a few vocalists would struggle to hit the notes he can, especially at a live show.

Not only that ... but it's Progressive Rock. The vocalist isn't supposed to sound like a Chad Kroeger, a Mark Hunter, or a Phil Anselmo. If he did, it would ruin it. :p

If anyone is unconvinced by Dream Theater and still have an interest, listen to their album "Scenes From a Memory". Start to finish, and actually listen to it. I dunno ... sit in your living room, enjoy a cold one and put it on. No TV, no distractions. Either that or watch a live DVD.:)

Dream Theater - As I Am

I think quite a few vocalists would struggle to hit the notes he can, especially at a live show.
I think that most vocalists would be embarrassed to hit the notes he can. Except for maybe Mariah Carey, Christopher Cross and the aforementioned pigs.

If anyone is unconvinced by Dream Theater and still have an interest, listen to their album "Scenes From a Memory". Start to finish, and actually listen to it. I dunno ... sit in your living room, enjoy a cold one and put it on. No TV, no distractions. Either that or watch a live DVD.:)
I'd rather watch soccer. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom