what you bought

Would you actually use 16GB of RAM? My main desktop has 16GB of RAM and I can rarely use more than 50%. The only time I can use a significant portion of my RAM is to run some simultaneous VMs. I personally feel that 8GB is the sweet spot for most users.

BTW, adding all of the "extras" on that computer runs it up to $400, not $200.

Would you actually use 16GB of RAM? My main desktop has 16GB of RAM and I can rarely use more than 50%. The only time I can use a significant portion of my RAM is to run some simultaneous VMs. I personally feel that 8GB is the sweet spot for most users.

BTW, adding all of the "extras" on that computer runs it up to $400, not $200.

Yeah, more like $400...where the heck did I get $200? Must be getting senile!
You are correct, for 90% of home users, 8 GB RAM is sufficient...I just believe in overkill. Which is why I now have 4 keyboards...never had a keyboard die until a couple weeks ago, but it went belly up, and I didn't have a spare...now I got spares!!And with the Thrift Stores around here having all kinds of peripherals, it costs very little to "have spares." I have lived in some towns where the thrift stores never had any computer equipment at all, but here in Mobile, it seems like they all have an abundance, so I take advantage of that.

Can't stand a tablet...if it's smaller than a 15.6" screen, I don't want it!! Never used Craig's List, how does that work, and what are you asking for it?
The HP-2000 has developed a hiccup, keeps asking me to reinstall NET Framework 4.6, but it's already installed. Tried repairing it, but that didn't work either...aggravating thing keeps popping up at the most inopportune times!!
Craigslist is like the classified ads in the newspaper except that it's on the web. I'm currently asking $130 obo for the laptop.

Yeah, more like $400...where the heck did I get $200? Must be getting senile!
You are correct, for 90% of home users, 8 GB RAM is sufficient...I just believe in overkill. Which is why I now have 4 keyboards...never had a keyboard die until a couple weeks ago, but it went belly up, and I didn't have a spare...now I got spares!!And with the Thrift Stores around here having all kinds of peripherals, it costs very little to "have spares." I have lived in some towns where the thrift stores never had any computer equipment at all, but here in Mobile, it seems like they all have an abundance, so I take advantage of that.
I use an IBM model M keyboard that I got with an IBM XT/286 computer in 1986. It's been used daily since then and is still going strong. Many (including myself) consider the Model M to be the best keyboard ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_M_keyboard

AGC, do a disk cleanup (empty Windows temp) and that prompt probably will go away.

ZTE Blade Z Max
Case for ZTE Blade Z Max
Tempered glass screen protectors for ZTE Blade Z Max
IMEI unlock code for ZTE Blade Z Max
Device Unlock app network unlock for ZTE Blade Z Max

Story: My sis-in-law dropped her 4 year old phone last weekend and totally screwed it. She had me find her a good replacement 6" phone and I decided on a Blade Z Max. The Z Max is for MetroPCS but unlock codes for it were only 2.99 so why not. I ordered both the phone and code off Ebay and the case and screen protectors from Amazon.

I received the phone and popped in a non-Metro SIM but did not get a prompt for the unlock code. Instead I got a popup that told me that I had to use the Device Unlock app to unlock it over the network. WTF??? So the 2.99 was just pissing in the wind. Great. I then did some quick research and ordered an over-the-network unlock for $36 (there were cheaper options but this one said it delivered in minutes instead of 1-however many days). I got the go-ahead email in about 10 minutes. I run the Device Unlock app... and unlock failed. Grrr...

Emailed the company back with what happened and didn't get a response for almost 24 hours, and was told that they had fixed it. Tried Device Unlock and got no joy. Emailed them again. Another almost 24 hours goes by and I get another email that it has been fixed. Nope.

By now I am beyond pissed. I email them and tell them to either get it right and now or refund me so I can go elsewhere. I also go digging and find the parent company and email them, explaining what has happened thus far and that I am very displeased with this and just want the phone unlocked. Ten minutes later I picked up the phone and run the app and BAM it is unlocked. A couple of minutes later I get an email from customer service of the parent company asking it it worked. So next time I will go with the parent company to start with.

BTW the ZTE Blade Z Max is a very nice device. The CPU may not be an 820 or such but it did the job and did it well. If I had to replace my phone tomorrow I wouldn't be disappointed with one myself.

Talk about a runaround. Glad you got it done. $2.99 does sound rather cheap for an unlock code so it's a scam.

I got a protector and screen guard for my Samsung Galaxy on5. They're really nice.

I had the phone for a few months now but I was a holdout for years because of a reception problems with my hearing aids. Now that they changed frequencies I can use them.

Very nice, text,voice and data in my hand and portable as well. :cool:

Attachments

• S5031333.jpg
    S5031333.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • S5031334.jpg
    S5031334.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1
Someone might be interested in this....not a bad deal, but need to add a monitor. Comes with USB Mouse, Keyboard, Excellent reviews. There are a lot of refurbished desktops coming on the market now, some with really good prices and bundles. Been trying to find some refurbished gaming computers, but not having too much luck at that.

https://www.staples.com/refurbished...gb-ram-1tb-hdd-windows-10-pro/product_2452768

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Well, I take that back...just ran across this, and some of the prices aren't too bad.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=Refurbished Gaming PC&Submit=ENE

Back
Top Bottom