what you bought

Celery....there are a number of companies offering these bundles, but they are not all the same...gotta read the fine print!! Yes, mine has a Western Digital 150 GB HDD, but there are other bundles with up to a 500 GB HDD. Some bundles are missing some of the items, too...no wi-fi dongle, for example, or no monitor. Just gotta pay attention to what is in a particular bundle. Finally got on here to reply...boy it is aggravating when 75% of the time you get the "this page not working" thing!!

I know what you mean. The add ons will add up to what you have. Did you see the i5-3550 system?

If I had the money I would've bought this already but I ordered the mems to get my i5-3570 PC back on my desk.

I know what you mean. The add ons will add up to what you have. Did you see the i5-3550 system?

If I had the money I would've bought this already but I ordered the mems to get my i5-3570 PC back on my desk.

No, I didn't see the i5-3550...what was the price on that?

Got an old refurbished Dell 755 Optiplex (3.0 GHz CPU, 8 GB DDR2 RAM), 19" Monitor, Wi-Fi dongle, keyboard and mouse, with Windows 10 Home bundled for $156 total from Micomp (via Wally World). Everything worked great right out of the box, but I did switch monitors as I had a Sceptre 22" sitting around doing nothing. Only drawback to the 755 is the optical drive is ROM only. Pretty good deal, I thought...hey for $156, how can you go wrong!! :eek::D
I currently have a laptop listed for sale on Craigslist that's a better deal than what you list here. It's a Dell Inspiron 1564 with an i3 CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 15.6" screen, Win 10 Home 64-bit, wifi and R/W optical drive. It's in great condition with very little noticeable wear and tear. I've had it listed for 2 weeks for less than what you paid for your system and have only had 1 caller. A guy called yesterday and said he was coming to get it, about 40 minutes later he texted me that he changed his mind. I see ads on Craigslist for older, less capable laptops that are priced more than 50% higher. I have to assume no one is buying those laptops either.

Most people would rather have a tablet nowadays.

True, I'm the only one in this family with a PC. They are on their iPHONEs and tablets.

By the way, I've been trying to sell my guitar and amp on CL. I've lowered my price to $300 and that's losing money already. Talk about cheap asses, one offered me $80 on the amp and I mentioned in the ad that I put a $40 vintage tube in it.

I was better off just keeping my stuff. They can go pound sand.

Last edited:
I have to return the 3D printer I posted about earlier in this thread. It's supposed to be wifi enabled but the wifi wouldn't work on it. I contacted their tech support and they told me to just return the printer for a replacement.

Amazon sure made it easy. They are sending me the new printer (will be delivered tomorrow), then will have UPS pick up the old one the following day. Only hassle is that I have to pack up the old one.

I notice that you have to order everything "extra," - - OS, Keyboard, mouse, wi-fi dongle, monitor.....adds up in a hurry, but still not too bad, since you can more or less custom order it. Still only looking at right around $200 for the entire shebang, and considering these were $1,000+ computers when debuted, that ain't bad. Might just have to order one with a TB HDD, 16 GB RAM, wi-fi dongle, keyboard and mouse, and put the 19" monitor to use that I got with the 755...wouldn't be a bad little outfit.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I currently have a laptop listed for sale on Craigslist that's a better deal than what you list here. It's a Dell Inspiron 1564 with an i3 CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 15.6" screen, Win 10 Home 64-bit, wifi and R/W optical drive. It's in great condition with very little noticeable wear and tear. I've had it listed for 2 weeks for less than what you paid for your system and have only had 1 caller. A guy called yesterday and said he was coming to get it, about 40 minutes later he texted me that he changed his mind. I see ads on Craigslist for older, less capable laptops that are priced more than 50% higher. I have to assume no one is buying those laptops either.

Most people would rather have a tablet nowadays.

Can't stand a tablet...if it's smaller than a 15.6" screen, I don't want it!! Never used Craig's List, how does that work, and what are you asking for it?
The HP-2000 has developed a hiccup, keeps asking me to reinstall NET Framework 4.6, but it's already installed. Tried repairing it, but that didn't work either...aggravating thing keeps popping up at the most inopportune times!!

Back
Top Bottom