What is wrong with this world?

wat other way besides consumerism is there?

besides communism.

Consumerism does not equal capitalism. Consumerism is simply the act of buying/obtaining (i.e. consuming) products and services. Thus, every economic system involves consumerism - even communism (ideal communism just regulates consumerism heavily). And there isn't an alternative. Ð88's proposal is spot on: there is nothing intrinsically wrong with our system, but when people becomes so blindly enveloped by their own greed, there is a moral decline in society.

It there was a Black Friday in Canada, it would. :rolleyes:

It would be worse, knowing how people around urban cities are. I don't know how many people I came close to kill while driving because they didn't even cared about their surroundings bfore doing their thing.

Seriously, this world is coming to the most screwed up society. Back in Fachism (Sp?), nothing would be like that...nore would people like to shop.

It would be worse, knowing how people around urban cities are. I don't know how many people I came close to kill while driving because they didn't even cared about their surroundings bfore doing their thing.

Seriously, this world is coming to the most screwed up society. Back in Fachism (Sp?), nothing would be like that...nore would people like to shop.

You speak as if first there were fascism, and then there was democracy. And the political spectrum isn't as dichotomized as that. The two have always existed throughout history, and still do today, in variant forms.

And obviously people wouldn't have a materialism complex in a fascist society, as the populous is barely allowed material possessions in the first place. So take your pick: capitalistic democracy, in which people are free to be greedy; or fascism, in which people are not free to be anything.

Well, freedom to live is a preety laid back statement. It should be live free with all these rules to obey.

But on the other side, it makes people do very inhumane things, such as this one...

It there was a Black Friday in Canada, it would. :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want. Canada's equivalent of Black Friday is Boxing Day (December 26). People here wait in huge lines at stores before they open, and sometimes even camp out overnight, but NEVER has anyone in Canada trampled a guy to death or torn down the doors just to get a bargain. The behaviour in the US is absolutely disgusting.

Its never happened before here.

Whos it say it will never happen in your precious Canada?

I doubt anyone ever foresaw this here.

Its never happened before here.

Whos it say it will never happen in your precious Canada?

I doubt anyone ever foresaw this here.

No one ever foresaw it in the US? It happens all the time in the US. Who are you kidding? In Canada, we have more respect for human life.

Yeah, like this is something shocking.

What about gangs of Mexico? Insurgents of the Middle East? Isreal? Saudi Arabia to mention anything........... Human Rights violations in N. Korea?

This isnt even a blip on the radar compared to most other countries of the world.

Back
Top Bottom