What is wrong with my brain ?

WindowsXP

In Runtime
I have trouble processing information. I think its because I spent 10 years playing videogams growing up and literally fried my brain. I am in high school but still in Algebra 1. My grades always suck. Its like I can't remember what Ive learned.

All I want is to do good. I pay attention in class, take all of the notes, and do the homework. But once a test comes along I have no idea what I have learned. Its not ADD or ADHD or a short attention span. And its not "over achieving". Its my brain.

Somehow Its been tweaked and I can't untweak it. All those years of videogames and not doing anything in school has led me to be dumbfounded when I want to do good the most. Any suggestions ?

Yeah, unless you did some heavy drugs or drinking, it could not have affected your brain. You just did not study for so long that your brain forgot how to process data correctly. Study more and it will come back to you.

Don't worry, nothing is wrong with you.

So you're saying you were good at school before you started playing video games?

There has to be some subjects you are good at, maybe you aren't just as good at more academic subjects such as math

BS. Study harder.

That was totally un-called for. Do not post like that again.

Now, to be honest, I find that listening to music helps me study. It doesn't matter what kinds, as long as I like it. I seem to remember the stuff better when I study while listening to music, compared to when I don't.

For other friends, chewing gum while taking the test works miracles for them.

Try this:

Take all of your electronics out of the room, or get into an empty room. Sit behind a table, open up a book and try to study. Do this for two hours. Then take a break.

Do that again the next day. Soon you will find that with each study session, more and more is sinking in. The first few days will show little improvement, but overtime your brain will become stronger and stronger.

It is sort of like OCing a cpu. It is old and outdated, but if you raise the amount of info that goes through it, it goes faster. Also you will have to dedicate more voltages (time) to it.

Back
Top Bottom